No announcement yet.

Cost Of Labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im lucky i guess....what you two need to do is get rid of the wives and then you would have the time to work on your cars.lol, thats what i did...well...my sons mom.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have replaced clutches without a tranny jack without a floor jack. On the floor, on my back, on a creeper, my sleeves drpping with oil. Basically I had lower the car enough to balance it on my belly, and undo the last few bolts, pry the tranny out and then balance it. Then yell to get the mechanic I was working with to lift the hoist, then roll out on the creeper, and have the mechanic lift the tranny off me, and catch my breath.
      I'm quite comfortable working on my car but that day I swore that I would NEVER R&R a clutch, tranny (FWD) without a tranny jack.
      RWD transmissions are way easier.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
        I have replaced clutches without a tranny jack without a floor jack. On the floor, on my back, on a creeper, my sleeves drpping with oil. Basically I had lower the car enough to balance it on my belly, and undo the last few bolts, pry the tranny out and then balance it. Then yell to get the mechanic I was working with to lift the hoist, then roll out on the creeper, and have the mechanic lift the tranny off me, and catch my breath.
        I'm quite comfortable working on my car but that day I swore that I would NEVER R&R a clutch, tranny (FWD) without a tranny jack.
        RWD transmissions are way easier.
        ill give the other end of that....I was a tranny tech at Uhaul,basically just r&r of allison, E40d and c7 transmissions. I used to do 2 a day on a good day. They were no where closed to being as easy as the one in my mazda. This just goes to show, different things are easier for differend people, but youll never know unless you try.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
          im lucky i guess....what you two need to do is get rid of the wives and then you would have the time to work on your cars.lol, thats what i did...well...my sons mom.

what wife? lol

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
            Now damn if everyone here wants me to write up a damn how to on how to replace a clutch so you can all save yourselves some money now and in the future than i will.
            how to's are always great!

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
              how to's are always great!
              well seeing that you said you dont have the tools, place, or patience, why would i waste my time.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

maybe for someone who does have everything and this conversation wont have to take place again.... i just thought that another how to would b great to have.

Comment

well if it comes down to everyone needing it im game, I need to replace my shifter busings anyway, so another hour under a car would be no problem...if you really want a how to, i would be happy to do it when i do my bushings.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

scarface accent *aight mang* Ill borrow a camera and try to do it this weekend.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

maybe it might convince me to go ahead and do it myself... I just remembered that I can take my car on the base.. they have the auto hobby shop where people can work on their cars and they have tools.... forgot all about it... never used the place so what the hell.

Comment

ok then.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                          X