No announcement yet.

Headlights diming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to jsut get something that plain and simple works, This guy makes an AWESOME grounding kit, and doesn't even make much money off of them. He's a fellow pro-owner and the kit is made specifically for 3rd-gens.

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

They are kind of spendy, yes, but VERYmuch worth it. He uses veryice wire, and closed end connectors with heatshrink to ensure no corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by poseur
      And we're all still amazed that he's yet to nuke his electrical system...
      you and me both suprisingly the alternator had to be rebuilt after about 30k miles, but that was cause my battery tie down came loose and the battery grounded out and fried the voltage regulator in the alternator. other than that i changed out the stock battery to a blue top optima, then gave that to my friend (who is still using it almost 5 years after i purchased it). i replaced it with a red top. then i added a second battery without researching it and killed both the second battery and the red top i changed that out with a marine battery from walmart that was $40 and it worked flawlessly for about 2 years. now i have a nissan frontier, so the protege is no more but i'll be doing a complete sound quality system with upwards of 1600 watts being produced off a stock 70 amp alternator.

Originally posted by poseur
      First off welcome to the forum...

Mostly I wouldn't have noticed it at all if it weren't for me pushing over 1KW of power daily... Blue, however... he's run upwards of 4 I believe... that's 4THOUSAND watts....
      never had that much a little over 3k watts, though.

Comment

Working...
      X