No announcement yet.

CEL WTF i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your lucky i have had the injen for maybe 7 months now and it was fine until recently. i had no problems with it until just a few days ago, im going to go get it looked at today ....

Comment

did you try to seal up the maf?

Comment

lol in his pissing match with TheMAN he said he tried the tube around the maf, so i dunno man, me thinks he might have bigger problems.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
          did you try to seal up the maf?
          my bad.... didnt see your post.... good luck on it!

Comment

lol, i hate theMAN, he walways does that **** he doesnt actually help anyone ... but thank you guys for trying.

Comment

lol yeah i know the feeling.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Ok, since no one else has suggested this... put the stock intake back on, take it to the dealership if it's still under warranty. Even if it's not under warranty, the MAF should still be under extended warranty depending on how many miles you have. It is a possibility that the MAF just took a crap on you if it is the original MAF, and not the new MAF.

It still sounds to me like it's an air leak somewhere. Maybe you popped a line off the other side of the manifold, have you checked there? Could be your FPR hose, and it's taking in unmetered air there. I've done this before too, and it went away with a full tank of gas, but returned when it got below a half tank. Just some suggestions... If you go to the dealership, just dont tell them you had an aftermarket intake on there.
                -mike lucero
                1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

^^Well said. When I went to get my new MAF the guy told me, "make sure you remember this clamp (pointing to the throttle body) when you re-install your CAI when you get home."

Comment

lol, ill have to look at that side right now, and now that i think about it , it was fine again till i dropped below galf a tank

Comment

While Edwin's etiquette(sp?) may leave something to be desired, to say he doesnt help is a BIG stretch...He always does the best writeups,pics and good instructions. Lot's of knowledge there so don't chase him off.

Comment

he wrote the faq, and talks **** to anyone who he thinks doesnt read it, besides the faq i have yet to see something constructive from him, not even an update of the faq.

in the end what i have said will just make him stop "helping" me or whatever you wanna call what he does. i dont think he will leave because one person doesnt like his methods ....

btw the cel went away tonight on the way home, car seems to be fine, i put a new little gasket thing around the maf sensor and thats what seems to have fixed it even thought i have done it 4 times before that. but i will find out tomorrow

Comment

oh well its still there so for anyone who cares, i went to mazda and they are going to cover it under the extentsion of the warranty.

Comment

Good deal man.

Comment

look at a listing of his posts...he has numerous writeup's with lots of pics..very informative let's all get along

Comment

i dont have a single problem with anyone one this board just what he does bothers me, he replies to people with nothing but sarcasm, if what you are going to post isnt helping the person asking the question there is no reason to post it ... even if it has been asked a million times just say hey use the search function dont be an ass about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X