Check engine light just came on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light just came on

Funny thing. I was at my local Mazda dealership this morning negotiating a new lease on a Mazda 3, as my 2003 Protege lease comes due in 38 days. I have the 150 hp engine in it (2.0 liter i believe?).

I signed the lease and as i left the dealership i noticed my 'check engine' light was on. Not flashing.

This is very curious as it was not on when i drove into the dealership. The manager had inspected my car while i was inside reading some paperwork.

The car runs absolutely fine and it is a clear day, about 20 degrees C (79 farenheit) but the light is on.

So, i'm wondering if the manager did something to my car while he was inspecting it, although i'm not sure why he would. If not, what could the possible problems be and can i (hopefully) ignore it as i am about to get a new car in 5 weeks i don't want to fork out any money on this one.

Any and all help appreciated. I live in Toronto, Canada, if that makes any difference.

i would just take it to an independent shop and diagnose it. could be nothing more than a faulty sensor. i don't know how it is in canada, but many shops here in the US will diagnose it for free.

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
    email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
    Phone :: (847) 223-6890
    Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

dont worry about it, my 3rd gen did the same thing. the mazda dealership charged me 80$ to put it on the computer to test it, and nothing was wrong. it will turn off by itself somtimes, but you usually have to get it put on a computer to get it turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X