is this the rev limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this the rev limit?

have a 2003 protege dx manual.didint come stock with tack.
    installed a motorsport 5 inch tach using the purple and white wire under the
    diagnostic port. now it works great only the engine sounds like its at its limit when
    the tach reads 5,000 rpm is that the stock limit on this car because i keep reading in the forums about 6,000 but thats on 1992's. five thousand seems real low. these are my normal shift point in mph.
    1st about 22mph
    2nd about 44
    3rd about 60mph
    4th 80mph
    5ht 105mph
    is my tach reading wrong or is the stock redline around 5,000?
    thanks again

sounds like its at its limit or thats as far it will rev. put it in neutral and rev it where does it rev to when the rev limit kicks off? is your intake and exhaust stock?

Comment

lol i can just see "well, blown my stupid engine, tried to figure out where the rev limiter was" thread

but yeah that sounds about right.

i think the book says...6K i think...but i dunno...the shifts at those speeds sound right
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

he shouldnt blow his engine doing that. fuel cutoff will stop him from doing that unless he holds it there for like 20 minutes.

Comment

Your tachs seems right! But by the speeds dont make sense.
          5th should be taking you to 135 or so before you hit the governer.
          Redline should be 6500 with rev limit at 6750.

Comment

i dont believe i have a governer on this vehicle. and ya once i get to about 105 my speed just stops not because a governer though it just feels like thats all the transmision has to offer. ive gotten it up to 110 but that was downhill so im not sure if that counts

Comment

Working...
            X