Car Lighter Help....Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Lighter Help....Please!

Ok so here is the deal. My Car lighter was dead didn't work at all so I took it out and went to Auto Zone to get a replacement. I hooked it all up and am able to use the lighter part of it Like I was going to light a smoke and it works perfect. When I go to charge a cell phone on the thing it pops a fuse the second I plug it in. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it because it is driving me nuts not being able to charge my phone in my car!

is it grounded properly? check your wires!
    check out my worklog:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67527

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXDOHC View Post
      is it grounded properly? check your wires!
      Grounded the best that I can tell. I am using the original ground wire and I am putting it on the ground of the Lighter Unit on the side of it. I don't know how else I could Ground it.

Comment

hmmm, ciggarette lighter installation is pretty straight forward. If its hooked up right maybe your old lighter was rated for 12 volt and the new one is only rated for 9? Lighters themselves only require 9V I believe. IDK, just a sugestion
        check out my worklog:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67527

Comment

Same thing happend to me my volts went down to 9 when I changed it and everytime I plugged my cell phone charger in it would blow, I go with the above post on this one. See if you can get ahold of another 12v. Good Luck!
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
          X