Cruise Control Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Not Working

My '03 Protege ES is having issues with the cruise control...when I turn the master cruise switch on / off I can hear a relay clicking down by the passengers feet. But when I try and SET the cruise speed nothing happens - no green light on the dash or anything. I have checked all the fuses and none are blown.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

I have the same problem. I replaced all my dashboard with the 02 protege. and my horn or Cruise control dont work. anyone have any ideas? i already removed the whole dash to see if any wires are loose, but i know i hooked up everythin were it should go. Thanks in advanced.

Comment

My problem was fixed by replacing the tail / signal lights. One was burnt out and there is a 'safety' feature that disables cruise if any lights are burnt out....

Comment

Thanks, i will go head and try that, but sumonen told me the Horn was somehow together with the Cruise control. wich am also having problems wit the horn not working. But thats another thread... anyways..I will try this , I do know that one of my reverse lights is blown. so i will check that out here in a min. Thanks again

Comment

replaced all my lights and still no cruise. lol i got used to the fact that i dont have it anymore. so i ran a toggle switch for my horn... I live in tx, and i needed to have a horn to pass state inspection. lol cheap and easy.

Comment

ok i read that it could be the clock spring inside the steeringwheel column., cuz the horn is not working either.. They say the clock spring is used to transmit signals fot the cruise control switch and horn signals.. and i think i snaped it, when i was replacing my whole front dashboard. wich makes sence. lol Ill try fixing it tomorrow when am back home. :D

Comment

Working...
            X