No announcement yet.

more fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to this club, and I have the 2000 1.6L DX. I love my car but I agree... I need boost. My only issue is I don't want to put too much money in a turbo charger and find that I am not satisfied with the difference in acceleration. I guess I'm scared to take that chance right now although I have the money. Right now I can't beat a 4 cyl stock 2001 hyundai tiburon. Not sure exatly sure if I would gain much power with a simple turbo charger kit.... Was looking at the Lower priced kits at turbo discounters, they seem pretty knoledgable. http://www.turbodiscounters.com

Right now I have nothing...
    Beeker

Comment

Most of us on here don't have the cash for serious modding at any given time... that's why projects stretch out for so long. One little thing at a time, but they add up after a while. That's what makes it fun.
      i wont spend more than 500 on my car and some of that would also have to go into the sound system.

Well, the ES comes standard with sunroof. I know there's a few people on the board with a ES 5 speed. Just be patient and maybe stretch out your radius a little more.
      yea, i could but the clooser the better. i kno not all cars are on autotrader but can anyone here guess about what percent of cars are on it so i kno how easily i could find one somewhere else.

i live in westchester new york by the way. about half an hour away from the city.

i meany to reply sooner but i had major computer problems.

Comment

Originally posted by blpinder
        I'm new to this club, and I have the 2000 1.6L DX. I love my car but I agree... I need boost. My only issue is I don't want to put too much money in a turbo charger and find that I am not satisfied with the difference in acceleration. I guess I'm scared to take that chance right now although I have the money. Right now I can't beat a 4 cyl stock 2001 hyundai tiburon. Not sure exatly sure if I would gain much power with a simple turbo charger kit.... Was looking at the Lower priced kits at turbo discounters, they seem pretty knoledgable. http://www.turbodiscounters.com

Beeker
        a turbo will help out greatly, bikman who turoed his 1.6 went from like the stock 87 whp to like 160whp, to me that a hugh gain in a 1.6. in my opinion its worth it.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

which is exatly what I plan to do :D
          Visit My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
            a turbo will help out greatly, bikman who turoed his 1.6 went from like the stock 87 whp to like 160whp, to me that a hugh gain in a 1.6. in my opinion its worth it.
            Yeah the Wagner Motorsports kit is great. Those are big gains in general.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but I don't even *try* to race the occassional punk idiot teen in his 'supercar' at every stoplight with my 1.6. Take it to the track, idiot, and learn how to drive.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                I don't know about anyone else but I don't even *try* to race the occassional punk idiot teen in his 'supercar' at every stoplight with my 1.6. Take it to the track, idiot, and learn how to drive.
                I hear that.

Comment

also he was maiking like 165 whp with no intercooler, and like 6 psi, if you bump that to 8 psi, with a good front mount, you could be into the 180whp range,
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Redrims was saying that they were developing another kit for the 1.6 that would put you at around 240whp. Now that is insane.

Comment

i agree with previous posts

the look of the 99-00 from outside IMO is awesome
                      I love it.

the newer pro's have a better interior
                      Please, don't get the 1.6L and if you have to, PLEASE DON'T GET THE AUTO

nothing to it, but it is just slow, thats all
                      but, fun to drive, you bet ya

and is it modable, HELL YA

i would get the 1.8 if I had a choice, 5 spd
                      and there is ALOT to mod

hope that helped a little

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by blpinder

Beeker
                        The turbo kit on turbodiscounters is for the B series engine, which is NOT what 99+ proteges have. Make sure you don't buy that one.
                        Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
                        Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

Just another potential source for your turbo - Essential Speed (www.essentialspeed.com) in Cambridge Ontario. They do a bolt on for the 2.0L, I'm not sure about the 1.8 and 1.6. The owner Kevin is a great guy and super knowledgeable - pop him an email even if it's not listed on the site he may have plans for one. (by the way, I'm just promoting him because I think he has great products and does great work, he's not paying me)

btw, I'm "new" here. Been browsing for a month, but felt no need to post. Hiya all.
                          Last edited by tiwing; 01-10-2004, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X