X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
    Wrote it off and bought a GS300.

Sort of sad, sort of glad. Looks like I'm out of the Protege game for a while, unless I pick up another cheap one to turn into a corner carving beater.
    Good luck with your new wheels. Sorry you won't be around.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by goldstar; 08-22-2012, 11:57 PM.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks mate!

I'll probably still be around to poke about once in a while.

Comment

Good to hear.

Happy Motoring!
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

dremel and 3 cutting wheels later. still cant get it off

Comment

with a dremel...... you must be a patient man...... you need to grind it damn near fully flat. just FYI
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

it seems to have sprouted another wing

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
              HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
              Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

had to use a nut splitter to break that thing off. took 8 hours with the help of a kidnapped friend.
                next project...left side!

Comment

buy an angle grinder sir.... harbor freight= 15 min job
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

atf + acetone = no longer a problem
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yea we looked at angle grinders in home depot, they all looked too big to fit or use safely in the space available. there is barely room for the socket wrench in the lower bolt on the front end link, and same on the top bolt on the rear end link. i dont know if i can justify the one time $100+ investment as i intend these new end links to last the life of the car. i will consider a rental though when i finally get around to the left side

Comment

or purchase, use, return as 'not working'. Its dishonest, but if it is what you have to do to get by then so be it.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

decided to see what the aussies get to play with. rear anti-sway bar bushings from SuperPro SPF2621-17K for the Astina BJ. you can find the part listed as SPF2621-_ _K sometimes, the _ _ spaces are substituted for the diameter of the anti-sway bar, available in 17mm, 20mm, 21mm. available at www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/

i got the 17mm since that is the size of the bar stated by the ProtegeFAQ. these bushings were a perfect fit inside the bracket, but i wonder about the diameter of the bar. they were spread about 3-4mm wide at the cut, hopefully they are good after being installed. compared to the end links i've been having problems with these were a 30 minute job with a couple box wrenches.

Comment

how do those bushings feel?

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                              how do those bushings feel?
                              honestly, can't tell a difference. about a month or so before these went in, new rear anti-swaybar end links went on the car. those made a noticable difference as the wheels would squeel in a parking lot. i thought it was the tires, but after the end links went on the wheel squeel went away. these polyurethane bushings don't feel any different as far as ride quality or cornering feel.

i can say that with the old rubber bushings you can move the bar with your hand and see the amount of play. these bushings eliminate any play if you tried to move the bar it stayed firmly in place.

Comment

woohoo over 120,000 miles. about 2 years and 30,000 miles ago had my timing belt replaced at the dealer. today decided to follow the scheduled maintenance flush. got some 50/50 advance auto parts coolant (relabeled prestone). i know i'm stupid cuz i'm paying for water, but i'm a slave to convenience. the stuff mazda put in was really REALLY dark green. i thought it was straight up undiluted coolant. flushed it a couple more times and it was still coming out pretty green. the fluid looked clean and clear enough but it had some sediment and visible little flakes in it. i might have been able to get away with topping it off for a few more years. i rinsed out the coolant tank too, that had a ton of sediment. how does it get in??? going to put in new spark plugs now.

Comment

Working...
                                X