This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    Genuine Mazda Long Life Coolant, part# 0000-77-501E-02 is a concentrate but should be mixed 50/50 with distilled water on installation. Just for your own information, you might want to check out:

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

This is what I've done.

Comment

My car A.C is not working from some days and today i was repaired it.

Comment

Today.. I fixed the lower radiator hose in my '01 ES.. the previous dickless numbnuts owner (who self proclaims he does his own repairs) put in a CUT TO FIT lower radiator hose.. but guess what numbnuts didnt do? He didnt cut the damn hose to fit!! So, the hose was kinked.. and almost touching the exhaust.. O_o .. some people should not be allowed to fix cars period (let alone own one if thats how they "fix" things). Anyways, I will digress! After I cut the hose to fit properly, I flushed the cooling system, new coolant, etc.. I also tightened up my Alt belt since that was squealing a little bit on start up, and I epoxied the nipple on top of the radiator as that was cracked (new radiator to boot too! Of course, the PO might have put that in.. and his skills have NOT impressed me one bit!).

Comment

I recently replaced my fuel filler neck and gas cap, due to an EVAP leak.

Comment

Two wheel bearings, pressed in, hubs pressed in, and put back on. Two tires, Alignment, sway bar links, and sway bar bushings all at a tune of $883. I got robbed, but my car is driving like a Cadillac until the "clunk kit suspension" starts clunking again.
              R.I.P. 97 Proto LX> Car killed the deer, but the deer killed the car
              108,659 Mi.

2003 Mazda Protégé> 140k miles

Comment

I had my Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid replaced today, an alignment done since I replaced the tie rod ends a few weeks ago, and replaced the rear hub assemblies since one was starting to hum after close to 305,000 kilometers. I'm surprised they lasted that long.

Comment

Got cooking oil in the brake/clutch reservoir. Long story. Changing clutch master + slave cylinder. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Comment

siphon it out of the resivior. & crack the line afterwords at the slave end(leave a drain pan under it)
                    come back a day later & fill it up with brake fluid. flush it through a few times (it'll take alot of pumping)
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

d'oh didnt see this till it was too late. thanks for the tip. other websites said that you should flush it out as soon as you can. so i bled almost a full 32 oz bottle, i hope that'll suffice. not too much cooking oil got in. my dad thought it'd be good to siphon out the brake reservoir with it, except i didnt know it was used for cooking oil and it wouldn't suction properly, it just swished in and out of the siphon and splashed everywhere. i could see the oily residue in the siphon later. come to find out, the clutch gets the fluid from top of the reservoir so i didnt need to siphon, should've just bled it to the MIN line and catch any drips with towels

Comment

is it resolved to where it works again???
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i'm probably going to bleed/flush again soon to be sure. i have to take the slave off anyway, i used a MP grease on the rod instead of a moly grease. got a tube of ECH ML1 from NAPA, which is mobiltemp 78. probably not much of a difference except for peace of mind. one annoying thing is i uncliped some sensors for more working room and i forgot to clip them back and got 3 CEL codes hah. learn from me people, dont trust me to fix a car!

Comment

Not much today. I just replaced the passenger side windshield wiper. Mazda part #BJ0F-67-330-9U. Cost: US $17.87 + 1.26 state theft for a total of US $19.13.

Coming soon: Installing summer wheels and tires, and changing engine and transmission oil.

Happy Motoring!
                            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

goldstar, I believe your car will last the next hundred years with the way you take care of it.

Comment

^
                                Well, I hope so.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Working...
                                X