This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    Tore out the front engine mount to inspect how bad it was....... ordered a replacement. nuff said
    Originally posted by meGrimlock View Post
    I hate that engine mount. the bushing has broken on me 2x, I don't even flog the car. I put RR-Racing polyurethane inserts in it. seems to be good, and better compromise to NVH of a full polyurethane bushing.
    In my car, I replaced the #3 engine mount (located on the right, passenger side of the car) with the one designed for the MSP. It will fit all 2.0 L cars with the M/T. It's the only mount that differs from the standard Protégé engine mounts and is noticeably stiffer than stock. The part # is BP7H-39-06Y. It reduces wheel hop and improves the shifting response. For more information, go to:
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?47415 (post #3).

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    i hope mine doesn't shake to **** once i fill the new replacement mount.
    In a conventional inline-4 engine, one must be careful not to make the engine mounts too stiff because they provide most of the vibration control for the engine. This is because in the inline-4 engine while the primary unbalanced force can be eliminated, a secondary harmonic unbalanced force whose frequency is twice that of the crankshaft rotation remains. It is known as a rocking couple. An inline-4 can be brought into perfect balance if it's constructed with twin counter-rotating balance shafts rotating at twice the crankshaft speed. This is the method employed in the 2.3 L and 2.5 L Mazda 3 engines.

In an inline engine, six is the smallest number of cylinders with which substantially complete balance of the reciprocating parts can be achieved for both the primary and secondary inertia forces. For more information, go to:

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Over the past few weeks I've replaced the rocker panels, wheel arches, front and rear sway bar end links, front struts and strut mounts, all four motor mounts, spark plug wires and coil boots, air filter and O2 sensor. Thanks to RockAuto.com I saved a ton of money! It's crazy what some retailers charge for automotive parts in Canada.

Comment

for an $14.95 oil change special, the dealer came back with $3400 of suggested repairs. looks like i'll be browsing and asking A LOT of questions in the forums.

Comment

Atlanticx how much for the rockers? Mine are lookin rough towards the rear

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Had my quarters done, somehow managed to find and jnstall the super rare COMPLETE leather mp5 interior and door cards, installed a classic 1982 Mazda rx7 infini steering wheel. Added a 9" Sony xplod touch screen with nav and satelite radio and DVD. Had to buy a skunk2 neo chrome shift knob cause the mazdaspeed one wasn't cutting it for short throws, new shift boot, Mazda 3 wheels, ractive cold air intake, new rear door window, rebuilt transmission, new valve cover gasket etc etc

Comment

Ever seen a mp5 like this? Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398393597029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1238594

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398393637350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1238595

Comment

Originally posted by meGrimlock View Post
                  for an $14.95 oil change special, the dealer came back with $3400 of suggested repairs. looks like i'll be browsing and asking A LOT of questions in the forums.
                  sweet lord. what all did they claim was wrong?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^ i like that indash screen/cd player. does it have navigation built in??
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

• front endlinks (demonstrated by having me jiggle sway bar)
                      • both tie-rod boots torn
                      • both lower control arm ball joint boot torn
                      • front pads+rotors (i knew this was near anyway)
                      • battery failed test
                      • rear anti-sway bar bushings (this is a polyurethane part i replaced - they pointed out the busted rubber stoppers next to the bushings as "bushing failure")

i got a good look at my CV boots too, one of them seems to have seepage, maybe a hairline crack. BUT they didnt gave me a quote for that. and i feared to ask them to inspect my wheel bearings, as i was getting a groaning noise and it wasnt my wallet. freakin dealerships.

and a side note; i love dual din car stereos on the 3rd gen proteges, they look nice!

Comment

well. we are here to help save you that insane bill!! i look forward to your threads!

Comment

Yes it also has the nav

Comment

oh, and the knock sensor is seeping oil. this I've known for years, I just could never figure out what that part was. everybody seemed to think it was an oil pressure switch.

Comment

Mine used to have an oil consumption issue too! And is there anyone in Ontario who can help me weld in a new driver side rocker panel? Ill pay for all the beers and materials! Would be much appreciated

Comment

butthurt in the wallet with another wheel bearing installation. but its soooo quiet now

Comment

Working...
                                X