Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well not my BJ but had one come into the shop today.. 03 pro lx 4 dr 2.0.. 62k on the motor

boss sold her on a timing belt/water pump even tho i advised him that its pretty early for mazda motors.. i know the BPs dont really need them till 80-100k at the earliest..

and the 2.0 is pretty similar

just wondering when you guys do your t belt/wp typically and clarification on weather or not this motor is non interferance like the BP as well..

Comment

I bought a protege 5 wagon! It's yellow, needs some body work, 66k miles, and it runs great! It even has the factory subwoofer in the spare tire

Comment

Originally posted by EGTeric93 View Post
        well not my BJ but had one come into the shop today.. 03 pro lx 4 dr 2.0.. 62k on the motor

boss sold her on a timing belt/water pump even tho i advised him that its pretty early for mazda motors.. i know the BPs dont really need them till 80-100k at the earliest..

and the 2.0 is pretty similar

just wondering when you guys do your t belt/wp typically and clarification on weather or not this motor is non interferance like the BP as well..
        The FS-DE engine in the '01 to '03 is a non-interference type. The FSM calls for a timing belt inspection at 60,000 miles (96,000 km) and replacement at 105,000 miles (168,000 km).
        Last edited by goldstar; 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM.
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Yesterday, I washed and waxed my car. With winter approaching, the last time I'll do it by hand until 2012.

Happy Motoring!
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

Today I washed and waxed my tribute then gave it an oil change then I was taking the intake manifold off of my protege when I was picking the manifold up I relized I left a hose attached balancing the manifold in my left hand and pulling the hose fitting off with my right hand when it finally slipped off I moved a bit to far and did thisClick image for larger version

Name:	stiches.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1229505 I cut an artery and bled every where... When I got back from the hospital I put the manifold back on it still has my blood on it. Changed fuel injectors and manifold gasket too
            Last edited by 1.6ermike; 10-16-2011, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Wow, sorry about your injury. Hope it heals quickly. The unexpected is always out there waiting to take us by surprise.

Comment

Finished my gauge pod for the Wideband.

Comment

^^^
                  Looks good, I like it. Similar to the way I have my digital tach mounted.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Yesterday, I removed my summer-only wheels/tires and replaced them with my winter set. A little late in the season but better late than never.

It always saddens me to do this as I hate to lose the ultimate cornering force generated by my Yokos but that's the way it is in the northland.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Fixed my fog lights today.

Comment

did an oil change today. when i popped my hood i found this:

it looks like the passenger side mount leaked and squirted all over. no oil anywhere near the engine, just here and in the rubber of the engine mount. not sure when this happened, but how long can i drive on this mount? also, is the fluid corrosive at all? i didnt get a chance to wipe it clean cuz of time. thanks
                        Last edited by meGrimlock; 08-11-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Check those hoses for leaks. The mount doesn't contain any fluid, so it's not the mount. Power steering hose leak is my guess.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Will do a more detailed inspection when I clean. At first look, power steering fluid was full and bright red. Origin of the splash seems to come from the rubber in the mount. Thanks.

edit: cleaned the area with some purple power, rinsed it off, after a few days i checked under the hood again and there is the same dark liquid seeping out of the rubber mount. have a WTB thread in the for sale section if anybody can help with a used part. thanks
                            -meGrimlock
                            Last edited by meGrimlock; 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Sent MSP #24 or #26(forget which one) to the crusher. Sad day.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

Looks like I'll be joining the BJ crowd tomorrow morning :x

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Working...
                                X