Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got a bj? Good for you. How did it feel? Nevermind, I don't need to know. This post went south fast.....Damnit, did it again
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

The FS is such a slug... I can't wait to get my BP in it

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Well, here it is :x

Comment

Nice P5! I have the complete turbo kit from the MSP sitting on a shelf waiting for the right P5 to come along. Seems like every single one up here in the north east has rotted out quarter panels though. Want to buy a turbo kit?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Georonimo View Post
            Nice P5! I have the complete turbo kit from the MSP sitting on a shelf waiting for the right P5 to come along. Seems like every single one up here in the north east has rotted out quarter panels though. Want to buy a turbo kit?
            Most of the P5s that I looked at were trashed for the prices that they were listed at. This one has super clean interior and minor issues with the exterior :D I guess everyone hasn't caught wind that this is going to end up as RWD 6 speed with my BPT, so no need for turbo stuff..

Comment

So apparently I'm already killing the FS.. Took it out for a spirited drive lastnight and on the way out the power steering pump went BOOM The A/C and PS will be getting pulled out over the next day or so. It's making a real mess under the hood already.

Broken list since the 24th>
              Passenger side engine mount
              Rear steering rack trans mount
              Power steering pump

Comment

this where i should be hating on the FS, but instead ill compliment the simplicity of the P5's dash setup. if i ever ditch the 323 i may go get a cheap BJ from the ghetto to forget about it. :o
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

not today but 2 days ago, had 4 new tires installed. General G-Max AS-03. very quiet! hopefully will last longer than the Falken Ziex-512 tires did. they found the right wheel bearing was gone. i knew from the grinding sound it was making when cornering but held off. unfortunately i couldnt bring it to my regular shop and got charged up the butt for the replacement.

occasionally the car would produce a loud rattle when stopped and the handbrake was on. when i lifted my foot from the brake pedal the rattle would shake the cabin. since the wheel bearing replacement the rattle is gone, however i am still getting a strong vibration in the steering wheel over 70mph. this only occurs when my foot is off the gas pedal and the car coasts at 70 mph. foot on the gas or below 70 it goes away. was hoping the wheel bearing would fix it.

Comment

Oil change. Used 3.5 liters of Mobil1 5W30 synthetic and a PL14610 filter. What do you guys do to keep oil from dripping down the back of the engine from the oil filter?

Comment

^
                      I get no drip from my oil filter. When I change the oil, I drain the sump first before I remove the filter and no drip occurs. When I install the new filter I make it hand-tight only and again have never experienced any drip or ooze between 5,000 mile oil changes.

Happy Motoring!
                      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Replaced my driver's-side wiper blade with a genuine Mazda product,
                        part# BJ0E-67-330-9U. Cost was US $20.48 + $1.44 state theft for a total of US $21.92.

And now for something completely different. It's probably time to replace my timing belt so at the dealers today, picking up my blade, I priced the components that I'll need to do the job. Naturally, I'll be replacing the water pump while everything is apart.
                        timing belt: $57.95
                        tensioner spring: $5.38
                        timing cover gasket: $41.49
                        water pump: $125.51
                        water pump gasket: $10.05
                        V-Belt: $21.93
                        V-belt: $27.75
                        Mazda coolant: $29.11
                        Total: $319.17 + state theft when I actually buy the parts. If I replace the thermostat that's another $30.

It really sucks, big time, that Proteges have timing belts instead of chains like the 3 and the 2. And one never knows when the sands of time will run out and the belt will break.

Happy Motoring!
                        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

Not only breaking, but even stretching slightly and throwing off the timing. I wonder if there's a way to convert to a chain setup. Hmm... The wheels in my head are turning, but it would probably be a bunch of custom machines pieces.

Comment

Yes, it would probably be quite expensive with all the special machine work needed. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it.

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Chains need constant lubrication unlike a belt which is external and requires no lubrication.

Comment

considering its NOT an interference engine... why would you be angry its a timing belt. Chains are SERIOUSLY more difficult to replace. Personally I refuse to run/own a timing chain'd engine.

And shortly- why all OEM? if your worried about your wallet im sure you'll find the OEM or better replacements elsewhere for heaps cheaper.
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X