No announcement yet.

Winter Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After several days of hella cold weather i can say that the wind is the major factor that cause hard cold start, we just had 2 hot days (-20 and -15) without any winds and the car start like a charm...just too bad they announce another week of -40°C with heavy north wind...next year im gonna be in a heated or insulated garage for sure, so im just gonna pray for decent weather this winter...and dont get slam by the city snow plow...

Also, this is my first winter with my car, but also my first winter with manual tranny, and i find it somewhat difficult to get the good gear in sometimes, the wheels spin alot but i menage to stay in my line...when there is actually some lines that pop with all the snow on the road.

Have a good winter everyone and be carefull

Comment

start in 2nd.
      i got auto.. so i just pump the gas and go all crazy with my steering wheel, so it's not so bad...
      but to avoid skidding in a 5spd.. just toss the car into 2nd and accelerate from there.. your tires will rarely slip.
      PS: get winter tires, if you don't already have some... they are a god-send.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Don't worry i'm already wrapped with Winter160+...4 to 5 meters of snow annually here!

i love snow :D
        Last edited by ilot; 01-13-2004, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X