Market research! 99-03 Protege Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
    I might do the same scoop on the 01-03 but I don't know, I feel like like doing something else. Depends of the buyers I guess. Anyway, I'm not starting the mold until I have sold 4-5 of the 99-00 hoods.
    It's just that I don't think I've ever seen a scoop like that before... if it can be called a scoop, it's more of a depression... but then again, it might just be the angle of the pics that's throwing me off. If I were to buy a hood though, I'd probably prefer a more conventional scoop.
    Silver 2001 Protege ES
    5-speed manual
    4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
    Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Originally posted by Green
      It's just that I don't think I've ever seen a scoop like that before... if it can be called a scoop, it's more of a depression... but then again, it might just be the angle of the pics that's throwing me off. If I were to buy a hood though, I'd probably prefer a more conventional scoop.
      Uh, that scoop is from Mitsu's Lancer Evolution. The Mazdaspeed version of the Lancer.

Comment

Meh. I still don't like it.
        Silver 2001 Protege ES
        5-speed manual
        4 cyl 2.0L engine

Comment

Originally posted by Green
          Meh. I still don't like it.
          Yeah, no problem, I don't expect everybody to like my hoods either. If I could I'd do ALL the possible hoods I could find but I've got 2 problems : money, time. Hope to have a hood for you someday.

Comment

My issue is with the fact that it looks like a lancer. Is it possible for you guys to make a hood that doesn't look like another car? Even an exact replica (except for the weight) would be awesome.

With the attention to detail and fit that you guys are demonstrating, there is a very high chance that I would be a customer. I think other people would follow as well. Especially with your quoted price!

I just don't want my car to look like anything but a protege. Even if slightly modified.

Like I said, though, I am greatly interested in a product in which you put so much attention to a clean, exact fit, with polish (rounded edges). Not to mention the price of the hood. Merely the design is holding back.

I also wish more people would express their interest, to create more of a market.
            My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
            JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
            AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
              My issue is with the fact that it looks like a lancer...
              ...With the attention to detail and fit that you guys are demonstrating, there is a very high chance that I would be a customer... ...Merely the design is holding back.

I also wish more people would express their interest, to create more of a market.
              My thoughts exactly.
              Silver 2001 Protege ES
              5-speed manual
              4 cyl 2.0L engine

Comment

If knew the hood would've been such a quality piece, I would've done something else of my own creation instead of the EVO scoop. We just followed the fastest path to complete mold so we just copied the EVO scoop instead of creating one.

I understand guys. But I have to go with the popular demand. I've said it before and looks like I have to say it again, I won't make a mold ($$$$$$ + 100 hours) to sell 3 hoods.

If you want a specific hood and feel that people would buy it, find me 15 SERIOUS buyers and I'll be happy to deliver the goodies. I'm only asking to give customers what they want and I'm willing to work hard, but I need your help.

And about the price of my hoods, it won't be that low for long. Seen gas prices lately? All resins used with fiberglass is a petrol by-product. So the resin's price is depedent of gas (barrel) price.

And now PICS!! AT LAST!!

Comment

I PMed you about price and shipping to Florida. Im very interested in taking one of these hoods off your hands. Only depends on whether the price is reasonable.

Comment

[threadjack]

sorry but i have been looking for foglights that fit where you have yours for like 6months where did you get em?

[threadjack]

Comment

any changes here?
                      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

I would like to have one! Our pro really needs to be replaced so im game for the hood.
                        Here is my email ablanco_jr2000@yahoo.com let me know on price and shipping on this.
                        And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

Drackonn: about those fogs ... this ain't my car (don't even have a 3rd gen protegé) ... I'll have to ask the owner and get back to you with this.

ablanco_jr2000: check you e-mails!

Comment

New Pics!

Got some new pics of very satisfied customers! Hope you like 'em.

Comment

Have any of them figured anything out for stopping the rain?

Comment

if the hood is setup right the rain should just hit the heatshield around the header and evaporate ... thats what my friends hood does on his sentra

Comment

Working...
                                X