Market research! 99-03 Protege Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glyph
    Have any of them figured anything out for stopping the rain?
    Well those two are fairly new customers and I haven't been in thouch with 'em lately but yes they were supposed to bend some thin sheetmetal to protect electrical/ignition components.

The guy with the silver Pro did nothing to redirect rain and nothing bad happened either.

Comment

Nice lookin man, but i bought Greg(proto2k's) hood and am very happy wit it!!! gOOD Luck on selling them man!!!!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Put me down for one! My front end has to get repaired now, anyways. Best price available for a hood, and the only other real option is CF, which I don't want. Thanks for a good quality option!
        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Put me down for one! My front end has to get repaired now, anyways. Best price available for a hood, and the only other real option is CF, which I don't want. Thanks for a good quality option!
          Good! I'm starting fabrication as soon as possible (this week). I'll keep you informed by email of the progression.

Comment

About those FOGS, they are OEM Mazda fogs. Apparently rare. The dealer should have 'em.

Comment

Really?! Wow. I'll check with mine, get a part #, and check with online part retailers as well. Cuz I want 'em. Do you know if there is some sort of control switch that is OEM as well?
              My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
              JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
              AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

Really?! Wow. I'll check with mine, get a part #, and check with online part retailers as well. Cuz I want 'em. Do you know if there is some sort of control switch that is OEM as well?
                Yeah but apparently the wiring and switch is expensive is my friend just rigged his owm wiring.

Comment

new to these forums but have been interested in this hood for awhile. send me an email at protegehotness@yahoo.com. I want this hood. I need to know the price your looking for as well as how many more you want before u start making them. if there aren't enough ill just have to shell out the money and buy it elsewhere.

Comment

Here is my car with the hood on and painted

Comment

Are you still doing hoods for the 01 - 03 proteges???

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Originally posted by akaveli
                        Are you still doing hoods for the 01 - 03 proteges???
                        Of course I am! I'm starting the mold next monday (july 26). I'll keep you informed!

Comment

hmm...looks good. i was really considering the cf evo hood.

whats the difference between both of them? apperence? price? please explain. thank you.

Comment

I made the EVO in fiberglass version cause I knew there was a lot of people out there wanting a stylish hood that they could paint their car's color. What's the point of buying a CF hood if you are going to paint over it ?

PLUS, CF hoods are layers of fiberglass except for the last (top) layer that is carbon fiber to give that shiny checkered effect. So there's no weight advantage there since it's 90% fiberglass. My hood weights just about the same as a CF hood. If it's heavier it's not more than 4 pounds and that's cause mine is thicker (better).

So the only difference would be looks. Want a black hood? Buy CF. Want a hood to paint your car's color without paying the price of CF? Buy a fiberglass hood. Now I think there are CF hoods cheaper than mine, but I doubt they fit as good as mine. All my customers up 'till now have said it's a high quality hood for the money.

I have nothing against CF, I want to work with CF sooner or later. I just wanted to offer an exclusive product, a fiberglass EVO hood for Protegé's.

That's it!!

Originally posted by TheGreat1x2002
                            hmm...looks good. i was really considering the cf evo hood.

whats the difference between both of them? apperence? price? please explain. thank you.

Comment

is the 01 - 03 hoods going to be the same as the previous hoods u made?

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

MAz1.8T thanks for the explanation. ill save up and see if i can purchase one. thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                                X