Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protege 2000 es charging light,voltage ok

Hi everyone ,I am new owner of protege 2000 es 1.8l 100k miles, automatic
    I don't know anything about mazda cars,but I got in love with my 1st car.
    couple of days after I bought it, charging light stared showing up on dash,I checked voltage and everything seems like it suppose to,car has a light on for a week,starts normally,lots of power,battery is charging.....
    what I noticed is that when I go over a bump light goes off,also when i speed up as soon as I pass 3500 rpms goes off too,I'm thinking maybe there is a loose wire or a sensor,and due more shaking on higher rpms goes off,or maybe IAT or MAF sensor.i got know clue,I hope one of u guys know better.also alternator belt i s fine ,its tight ,nothing seems wrong ,just the light,which sometimes goes off for a day and then comes back.

Thanks in advance ,glad I found this forum
    Last edited by xdarkox; 09-07-2010, 01:42 PM.

the power wire going to the alternator or the battery terminal could be loose. Either could cause the problems you describe.

You might consider getting the battery/alternator load tested to make sure they are in good working order.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

just got back from autozone and after load test it says diods are dead and it killed battery too,but is it possible that with bad alternator and dead battery I am driving car for over two weeks now with lights radio and a/c on,and its working smooth,starting,if the charging light isnt on I wouldn't even know that there is a problem, I also noticed when I hit 4000 rpm ligh turned off and stayed like that for 5 miles.

Is it possible that maybe belt on alternator pulley isnt seeting well.

dont know what to do,I was adviced from autozone guy that I should buy new alternator and battery ( is he nutz)
      Shoulld I just keep driving ?
      Appreciate any advice from someone more inclined than autozone guy

Comment

if the diodes are screwed then the alt would dump AC voltage into the battery and mess it up. You could keep driving, but it would only be a matter of time before it craps out on you.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

next day after I was at autozone, I went to real mechanic to see whats happening, he tested my battery and alternator for 45 minutes, and the test showed that both battery and alternator are in the good condition, he said that charging light on dash comes from somthing else,maybe some shortge on the circuit, and it would take some time to find it

Comment

Working...
          X