Newbie chick here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
    i was confused with this part of your post, yes they dont come stock with a turbo, but you can get an aftermarket one for it.

also the are several trim modles of the protege, there is the 99-00 protege which comes in a dx,lx,es the dx, and the lx both have a 1.6litre motor, while the es has a 1.8 litre motor, all newer proteges come standard with a 2.0 litre motor.

you also asked about scca stuff, the protege has excelent handiling,all around, they say the protege is at home in the corners. as far as car shows thats up to you, there are several bodykits, exterior mods that you can do, to make it a show car.
    Yeah, I was just going by what she may have available for stock proteges. Personally I feel weary about buying a car thats all modded. Chances are it has been beat on. I'd rather buy one newer stock one and do all the mods myself
    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
    Painted calipers
    Injen CAI
    Custom exhaust
    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

Welcome to the club. The Protege is a reliable car, no matter what year you get. Its all body style preference.
      I personally perfer the sedan to the wagon, and I like the look of the 99-00 headlights rather than the 01+ style. But no matter what you get you are going to love the car.
      Heres a pic of mine for the pure hell of it.
      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by RipperSnapper
        Now there some other choices too. An MP3. Its a sedan with the agressive looking body trim and a (Kenwood?) sound system. This car comes with the 2.0 non-turbo engine

Also they made the mp3 with a full race suspension, The only flaw of the car was it only had 140 hp so they fixed it by making the mazdaspeed and giving it a turbo charger. You can buy a mp3 and buy a turbo kit for cheaper than buying a mazdaspeed

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
          You can buy a mp3 and buy a turbo kit for cheaper than buying a mazdaspeed
          Thats a good idea. You would get more power too.
          " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
          Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
          Painted calipers
          Injen CAI
          Custom exhaust
          Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

Welcome to the board.
            I hope you enjoy searching and reading all the past posts that have taken place on this board.
            You can check out the photo gallery section. There you will be able to see photo's of everyones Protege's and the years. You will also be able to see all of the different modifications that some of the people have put onto there cars.

You can also pm different members to ask them questions about there kits. Most times there are more issues to the kit than face value.. Make sure you do your research on kits and mods. It will go a long way and really help you out in the end.

Bruce
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

welcome to club protege

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

welcome..GET THE SPEED..hehe

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

negatize..i love that rims..everytime i see that i wish ig ot that on my 2nd gen MS..kinda look like the wheelcover it has before...nice

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

hey welcome girl, I say get a mazdaspeed if you want the best in speed and handling.
                      My OLD Car

Comment

Hey you guys! I am soo sorry that I haven't said anything for a really long time. I just moved to Las Vegas and getting on-line is near impossible right now. I have read your posts though and I think that I have decided on getting an MP3. But, it's still kind of a hard choice, because you are right dahoprotege... the MazdaSpeed is pretty awesome. *sigh* still a tough choice. But, I think that after doing some researching, the MP3 would be the best, because the only difference between a MazdaSpeed and a MP3 is the turbo. For the most part anyways. Let me know what you think. *hugz*

Comment

MSP all the way!!!

Comment

Welcome to to board!! And the BP (1.8L dohc) guys will say they have the best bang for buck car. Enjoy the fourm it is a great place to learn. Have fun and the mp3 such a nice car.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

mp3...you can switch out the ecu with one from the p5...turbo it, and blow any MSP out of the water. so, mp3 + hiboost kit = msp killer. www.hiboost.com
                              2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

hmmmm but its tougher to find an mp3
                                My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                                X