fuel pump problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump problems..

Today I changed out the fuel pump on my wonderful ride only to turn the key and it wont start.
    I have reconnected all the wires, lines, relays....... not sure what to do next.
    It turns over, shoots up to 2000 rpm then shuts off.
    Any help is appreciated!
    99 Protege....

check to make sure you didnt cross the fule lines.

also it sounds like a large vacuum leak by the way you described it, is the fuel pump all you did?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

the lines are all correct.....
      i had a full diagnostic done on the car last week and there are no vacuum leaks and nothing else wrong with it.
      I am going to take off the lines today and see if the pump will give me any fuel coming out.
      maybe i got a bad pump
      99 Protege....

Comment

I apologize.....
        what i should have said to begin with is that the car was driving like it was running out of gas. I have replaced both oxygen sensors, have cleaned the MAF, cleaned out the throttle body....
        still idled weird and when driving on the highway (5 speed) it would get up to 60 mph and then act like there wasnt enough gas to go that fast. Feeling like it was losing power.
        Has never had a new fuel filter and my father (mechanic for 33 yrs) said try a fuel pump.
        so that is where i am now
        99 Protege....

Comment

Working...
        X