No announcement yet.

ECU chip upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, explain one thing to me... WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CHIPPING N/A CAR???
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Chips aren't for forcefed cars only. Sure you'd get much more gains out of them with a turbo/super, but you can squeeze more power out of any car with a chip.
      2002 Protege LX
      ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Grassroots Motorsports made some decent gains by switching from the stock ECU to a Link set up on a NA 1.6-liter motor...

And didn't even do an aggresive tune with timing...
        http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/massair.html
        "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
        2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Modern Performance has a piggy back out for the 2.0L protege...check it out!

i have one in my 2002 protege5 turbo!

Chas

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
            Chips aren't for forcefed cars only. Sure you'd get much more gains out of them with a turbo/super, but you can squeeze more power out of any car with a chip.
            Yes but that is so little hp for so much money! At least to me it is...
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you discover go zoom-zoom
            you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

im with you bro. buddy club it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
                Looking for an upgrade for my '02 Protege LX. Hear MP3 chips are a good start, but don't know where to look for them. Also Jet Performance can custom program my chip for $399, but that sounds like a lot, and I'd have to have it reprogrammed after a few more mods to optimize performance anyway.
                As far as the JET ecu goes... I got it done to mine... and to tell you the truth I dont see very much difference. I would have rather spent the $$$ on suspention or brakes or a header. Much better use for $ than the JET Ecu.

Comment

Working...
                X