Sedan Headlights into a P5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan Headlights into a P5

i went to a junk yard pulled these brand new looking headlight assemblys from a sedan. and got the plugins as well. got home put them in. took one wire for the brights and hooked it up. also hooked the 2 dim wires up. turned on my headlights and the brights work great but the dims are way way super dim. my parklights are brighter than my dims :p so i bought new bulbs and still dims are crazy dim. I have searched and googled and everyone just says its easy take one wire and wire it up and it works. lol not really working for me. Has anyone every done this and had this problem?

The P5 headlights are different from those that came in the sedan??? Seriously??? WTF was mazda thinking??

I'd start with putting a multimeter on each line and see what voltage you're getting. Other than that... search the web. Sorry, but this is just boggling to me.

Comment

[QUOTE=papadelogan;765091]The P5 headlights are different from those that came in the sedan??? Seriously??? WTF was mazda thinking??[QUOTE]

What was Mazda thinking? They wanted to improve the headlight system, particularly the low beam function which is why they switched from a single bulb dual filament system (H4 type and its American equivalent)) to a dual setup with a separate bulb for each function. The P5 system is also used in the Mazda3, at least in the 1st Gen (2004-2009). That's progress.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
      X