Leak from the P5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leak from the P5.

I have a leak from underneath my P5. Looks like water and its dripping from a bolthead underneath the passenger side of the vehicle just behind the front wheel. Can't access my manuals or anything right now but I'm curious and can't wait 'til I get home. Would this be a drain bolt for something or where fluids are running to?

on that side? waterpump possibly

is it coolant or just water ? if it's just water it's coming from the evap core drain and is normal when the ac is on

Comment

I haven't been using the AC at all (in san Francisco - so it's been foggy) so that was why I was wondering. There is a drain bolt for the AC though right?

Comment

no .. you dont drain AC

still the main question though is it coolant or is it water ?

Comment

I touched a bit on my tongue - seems to be water - no taste. I frankly am confused - could it come from condensation? I've noticed that there is a patch underneath the next morning from driving the car at night. That's what made me think condensation in the first place - BUT at the same time I'm not sure how a part there would be hot enough?

Comment

it's condensation .. you are only seeing it drip from the lowest point

dont sweat it ( pun intended )

Comment

thanks gents. If this is condensation then....... is this Bolt head it's coming from designed to be a conduit OR does it just happen to be the lowest point. and should I be taking any precautions, Ie greasing the bolt to prevent corrosion?

Comment

simply lowest point .. take a pic for us to be sure

Comment

Working...
                X