No announcement yet.

Why do Mazdas depreciate so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldnt look at buying a car an investment for the money. maybe as an investment to good, comfortable, reliable transportation. and with that said, i think mazdas are one of the best imports around. you may not be able to get a whole lot of money for them in a couple of years, but for the time that you have the car it will more than pay for itself by being there every time you need it. so id say if youre going to buy a newer car anyways, get a good one. and besides, what new import under 15k is as sexy as the pro?
    2002.5 protege dx

Comment

^^^^^^^nadda
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

new import under 15k - 1.8t GTI.... go ahead and curse me, but if i could drive stick thats what id get lol
        2002 Protege LX
        ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

It's not too bad of investment if the interest is low, you finance for a short term (unlike my 6 year plan), and plan on keeping it for a long time. It is highly rated as reliable and has a lot of spunk to it, so I am happy with my Pro. I still miss my old '88 fullsize GMC Jimmy 4x4. It was da bomb! I don't miss the gas mileage though esp. right about now!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
            new import under 15k - 1.8t GTI.... go ahead and curse me, but if i could drive stick thats what id get lol
            I love those cars! Wouldn't mind owning one. I hate seeing guys in VW Beetles (new ones) and Passats. Kind of a girl's car if you know what I mean.
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

my friend just totalled a brand new 20th Anni. GTI and bought a MK3 GTI vr6 with the insurance money hehe

but my dropped Pro definitelly handles better
              2002 Protege LX
              ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Heh I was looking at buying a beater vw Fox... $1000 or so, basically the same as a downgraded jetta. Slightly smaller, but all the same engine goodies :D

Comment

well thats just like saying why do toyotas keep their value soo good, or why are hondas rice rockets.... Mazdas are Mazdas, all cars depreciate in value, chevy and ford are just as bad. dont take it to heart. Mazdas RULE!!!!
                  Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                  Beige 1994 Protege DX
                  Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Proteges have the handling advantage over some of the competition too

Comment

I second that! I've only had my Proty for a week, but it definitely handles better than anything i've driven before.
                      Silver 2001 Protege ES
                      5-speed manual
                      4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
                      Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Originally posted by Green
                        I second that! I've only had my Proty for a week, but it definitely handles better than anything i've driven before.

Why IS the protege such a good handler? It can't be a 50/50 weight ratio... nor any innovative suspension designs... it just... is?

Comment

I couldn't tell you exactly why... I just know it's got the best handling out of the dozen cars I've driven... I'm not sure how much it has to do with the suspension, but the steering is just really responsive!
                          Silver 2001 Protege ES
                          5-speed manual
                          4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
                          Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with the weight. Some pros do have sway bars (or strut bars? someone correct me!). A lot of handling is also in feel, which is to say that the car may not actually handle better, but that it gives better feedback, therefore is easier to drive/predict/push to the limits of adhesion

Comment

Working...
                            X