Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya PA ain't got nothing but big ass potholes lol. So far I love my car ta death, handles like a dream(I know it oculd be better) but I love it. What suggestions do you have for my car to do to it? Some say to do the MP3 look, others teh MSP look, I was thinking maybe just gettin the buddyclub kit(later on down the road of course) I was just wantin to know to start headin in that direction. My plans right now are CAI, and exhaust, typical first mods.
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

I've had my ES since Nov and already had to do an alignment.
      Pittsburgh roads are just a blast, huh?
      Esp. the Parkway West...between potholes, construction and the daily morning accident, it's like a slalom course...
      '03 Sunlight Silver ES/5sp
      THUNDER 4-1 RACING HEADER
      Racing Beat Exhaust, SPD Racing SRI
      Eibach Pro-kit, MP3 ECU, MP3 Foot Pedals
      Powdercoated stockers wrapped in Yoko AVS ES100s
      Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Ya I know what you mean. My brother used to live down in Wilkinsburg and traveling through and round monroeville sucked. I always drove down to the stript district to the now closed Club M for concerts, the roads sucked really bad lol. What did you do to modify your stock intake? And how much was ur exhaust?
        2003 Mazda Protege LX
        Laser Blue
        Old Car
        1998 Kia Sephia LS
        Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

the weather stripping likes to come apart, and my hand brake broke so i wouldnt be too hard on it if i were you. otherwise proteges are great.
          2000 EX with altezza lights, clear corners, xenon bulbs, chrome protege licence plate frames, and a crazy driver

Comment

Ha...Jackyl, if you use the same name, I just answered a post on the 'other' forum a few minutes ago. "bout the Racing Beat exhaust.
            Anyway, it's just an axle-back and I got it from a Mazda dealer for 220.00 shipped. The only other axle-back I found for the sedan was at Mazdastuff.com.
            198.00 plus shipping. As I said in the other post, I think it's Borla. Anyway, I got the Racing Beat 'cuz I liked the angled tip better.
            As for the intake, I just cut out the plastic resonator below the stock intake and took out the MAF sensor screen. Between the two mods I can't say there's much of a power gain, but, the car revs smoother and sounds much better, esp. at higher RPM.
            I was going to buy an AEM, but this will do for now--I wanted to save the money and spend it on a set of Eibachs, which I will hopefully have in the next month or so...
            Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

So I'd be able to get that exhaust from my dealer as well then?
              2003 Mazda Protege LX
              Laser Blue
              Old Car
              1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Yeah, should be able to no problem. I love my RB exhaust.
                Dealers are funny, though. I bought my car out in Greeensburg, they have a big display of the Mazdaspeed accessories, but I work out near the airport, so I ordered it from a dealer coupla miles from my office. The parts guy had no clue what I was ordering and I practically had to find it in the parts book for him!
                Same price, though.
                Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

so id just go into the dealer and ask for a mazdaspeed exhaust then
                  2003 Mazda Protege LX
                  Laser Blue
                  Old Car
                  1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Which dealer? I'm only about 45mins from the airport and what not.
                    2003 Mazda Protege LX
                    Laser Blue
                    Old Car
                    1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

I ordered it from Moon Twp Mazda, and ask for the Mazdaspeed exhaust, even though it's made by Racing Beat. Took 3 days. 412-269-1234
                      Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Thank You, I have to go back to my dealer this week to pick up a couple things, I'll ask about the exhaust
                        2003 Mazda Protege LX
                        Laser Blue
                        Old Car
                        1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Yeah, whacha picking up, anything good?
                          Kartboy SS/Knob/Bushings

Comment

Nah nothing good, just the service manual....didn't have one when I purchased it and order a center cap, somehow one either got stolen or fell off?
                            2003 Mazda Protege LX
                            Laser Blue
                            Old Car
                            1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Working...
                            X