No announcement yet.

body kit vs exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's what I mean. If it were me I'd go for all that stuff over that particular kit. And then save some more money and buy the mp3 bumper like your sig says, and that'll set the car off from others pretty decently. You said you can save $300 a month for mods? You won't have to wait long for your bumper.

Comment

**** the kit.
      Go fast or go home.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

meh.. i've decided on the exhaust.
        and adding 4hp to my car won't really do anything noticable... but it'll sound and look nicer.. along with a CAI... it'll be an improved ride.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

If you only want sound, just go with a muffler instead of the whole cat back.

Comment

Ottawa has REALLY strict laws against aftermarket mufflers.
            hence why i'm leaning towards the racing beat cat-back... i could get an axle back, but i'd rather spend a little more and get the extra few HP.

Roy whooped my ass tonight.. i'm bone stock vs his handful of upgrades(intake, exhaust, cams).. .i'd like to have more engine upgrades.. need to keep up with the locals :p

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

If I were you I would check around with the MSP and MP3 guys. I am sure someone will be willing to sell you the cat back at a good price. When I had my Racing Beat axle back, I got it for $80 shipped.

Comment

hmmmm.. good suggestion!
                i didn't even think of looking for a used one.... maybe cuz i'm half asleep (long day of driving and 'helping' installing springs)

but yeah.. imma go bug all the MSP/MP3 people!
                --- actually. i think one of the TO guys is getting a 3" cat-back.... hmmm..... hmmmm!!

RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

I'm half asleep too. My big fat lazy ass decided that the hottest day of the year would be a good time as any to start walking when I play golf again. May not sound like much but it ends up being about 5 miles with a 25lb bag over your shoulder.

Comment

here's a good one.
                    how big is the stock exhaust on our cars? i found someone selling the cat-back from an MSP for $150.. but there's mention that the cat-back in the regular sedan is 2".. i thought it was like 1.75" or less.

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

That sounds like a question for TheMan.

Comment

I'll sell you the complete Racing Beat catback off my MSP. If you want it, message me with a fair offer including shipping, and I'll get back to you on it.
                        2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

talk to Cullen and tell him that I sent you

Comment

I'd get the exhaust n cat. A kit is good but they are starting to be very overrated. IMO the proteges look good without a kit.

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

u shouldn't even thinking about getting a body kit not unless ur getting sum kind of JDM replacement bumpers or sum **** like that...and w/ the muffler on ur car sitting hella high like that ur just gonna add up on the anti-rice web site...

Comment

i'm actually going to do a 'mp3 conversion' on my car. just the front end and sides with a Squall rear bumper (or MSP skirt if i can find one) and the 03.5 rear spoiler.

RB springs
                              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

ok, then thats kool. I thought u were about to slap some crazy ass body kit on ur car. I guess u can do that kit first if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                                X