strut tower bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut tower bar

I searched through a few times and couldn't exactly find my answer. Question is, my buddy had a 03 P5 that he totalled. So he gave me his strut tower bar I have a 03LX sedan and the bar doesn't seem to be long enough. Are the bars different between the sedans and p5s or did he forget to give me brackets or something? please help ive really been wanting a strut bar for awhile and would really like for this to work. any help would be appreciated.
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

does it have the threaded ends or is it a solid piece? I recall that the P3 is the same as the LX, and the P5 was larger.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

ya it is all one piece, i noticed through the search theres modification/brackets you need if you have Cruise? I have cruise but no brackets or anything.
      2003 Mazda Protege LX
      Laser Blue
      Old Car
      1998 Kia Sephia LS
      Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

the p5 bars are 3 piece factory ones @ least.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

what are the other 2 pieces? i guess he forgot to grab the other 2? either way, are the bars on the p5 long enough to reach accross the engine bay on a lx? its atleast 3-4 inches short. does anyone have a picture of a strut bar on a p5?
          2003 Mazda Protege LX
          Laser Blue
          Old Car
          1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

basically brackets that mount to the strut tower bolt pattern
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

so with those brackets would it make the bar long enough to reach accross the engine bay?
              2003 Mazda Protege LX
              Laser Blue
              Old Car
              1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

should yes! i wish i had a pic for ya hrmmm..

Comment

HA! mint here ya go

P.S. get a drool rag
                  Attached Files

Comment

awesome! thank you so much! so do you know where if anywhere i could order those brackets!?
                    2003 Mazda Protege LX
                    Laser Blue
                    Old Car
                    1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

the dealership or a JY might have them. or you could ask on msprotege.com

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        HA! mint here ya go

P.S. get a drool rag
                        Wow! Very clean engine bay and love the color coordination. Im attempting to do the same thing with my engine bay. Only have a red CAI with red strut bar. Im trying to find a good powdercoating place to get some pieces done.

Comment

try a custom motorcycle shop, they usually have powdercoating equipment.
                          The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I would of never thought of lookin there for that kind of work. I know most shops send pieces off to get powdercoated, but I didn't know some had equipment in-house. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X