rear clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear clunk

Hi I have a 2000 protege with a bad clunk coming from the driver side rear of the car. I replaced the strut and endlinks and trailing arm and check the swaybar bushings and still got the noise. I even removed all the stuff in the trunk spare tire etc. Any help at all will be appreciated.
    Last edited by kane; 01-14-2008, 11:46 AM.

check the gas tank filler neck and piping to the tank ... i found a broken bolt behind the rear wheel that allowed just enough movement for the piping to hit the suspension only on the right bump ... was annoying as hell

Comment

thanks I'll check it out first thing when wife gets home with it.

Comment

have you checked your exhaust?? what is the condition of your upper strut mount??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

checked fuel pipe, everything ok. will check upper strut mount. Thanks.

Comment

are all of the bolts tight? bushings are still solid not worn excessively?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

The three bolts that hold the strut to the car were tight. The bolt for the strut itself was a little loose but got it tight. I drove the car and still made the #@!&*^* noise. The mount itself seems fine but really don't know how to check it.

Comment

wish i was local id take a look @ it for you.

Comment

Make sure your endlink it tight. When I replaced my struts to Tockico struts, I had a clunking noise, eventhough i though my endlinks were tight u in the air, when I put it on the ground the struts had a load on them so everything compressed and there was play in the endlinks.

Comment

good point!^^

Comment

Thanks bpt323!!

Comment

Working...
                      X