just ordered new rotors what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just ordered new rotors what you think?

I just ordered a new pair of rotors and id like to know what you guys think of them. (have not reced em yet)

For looks those are good - performance wise they are likely worse than a blank rotor due to the decreased surface area of contact between the pad and rotor

Comment

i heard that drilled and slotted rotors are better then blank ones

Comment

Originally posted by militarypolice2 View Post
        i heard that drilled and slotted rotors are better then blank ones
        thats what rotor companies want you to think. The drilled/slotted rotors not only have less surface area for the pad to grip, they spider crack around the holes. Yes, racing brakes (i'm talking about the $10k endless systems and the like) are drilled and slotted but the holes are actually formed from the casting of the rotor. When drilling a blank rotor the heat is damaging the structral integrity of the rotor around the holes which is why they crack.
        With better pads on Brembo blanks you will have a lot better stopping power than if you just put d/s rotors.
        Yes both my cars have drilled/slotted rotors. I like the look. I also routinely check them for cracks every tire rotation.
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

what do you think about those rotors?

Comment

they're a good price but you get what you pay for
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

also i didnt hear thats form rotor companies i heard it from alot of people and on some fourms

Comment

are these rotors cheap crap or decent but not the best

Comment

i run only slotted rotors... inital bite is increased, pads are continually deglazed & wet stopping power is improved. the minimal surface area loss is worth it for me. drilling is pointless
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

are the rotors that i ordered are they crap or decent or good?

Comment

are the rotors that i ordered are they crap or decent or good?
                      down here slotted rotors might help some with the wet weather. i however think the decreased surface area and the rotor integraty due to the drilled holes will eventually crack them.

I mean come on how many times a day this time of year do you hit puddles? all of those will rapidly cool your rotors and have the potential to crack even blanks let alone these.
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

good point^^^

Comment

also i didnt hear thats form rotor companies i heard it from alot of people and on some fourms
                          Unless they are talking about proper, massive, racing brakes, they don't know what they are talking about

Comment

The rotors you bought aren't terrible, but they really won't help you stop any better. If you're looking for shorter stops, buy better pads. Drilled and slotted rotors are weaker than solid rotors, unless Brembo or Endless drilled the rotors themselves. There's really no point in putting rotors like that on a street car, and even if you have a race car, slotted or solid vented are the way to go. Unless you can afford to buy drilled carbon rotors and carbon pads; of course, if you are using those you probably aren't buying brakes for the race car you're driving.
                            1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Those rotors are more for looks than substance. Like everyone stated above, they wont hurt your car.....they will most likely crack around the cross drilled holes. the slots may help a bit because it will keep cutting a tiny bit away at the pads...so your initial braking you would definitely feel it grab. later down the road they may even warp faster then regualr blanks......for now they are enough to get you by, but for how long they will get you by is anyones guess......so all in all, it will get the job done, so i guess they are decent....but the cross drills will possibly be the downfall for the rotors later down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X