coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilovers

dont know too much about coilovers, found these, theyre in my price range, are they worth it? if not does any1 know any budget coilovers?

these will more than likely suck, I had matrix's on my old accord and they were absolute CRAP, i have skunk2's on my P5 and those are pretty good but still crap

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

lowering springs/ struts

how do these springs look and these struts:

eibach pro kit lowering springs:

and tokico blue hb performance struts:

Comment

You don't need to make multiple threads asking the same thing. The other is going to be deleted. Also you're posting about 3rd gen stuff not BF stuff. Post in the proper sections please. thanks.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

no need to be rude, im new to this thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteges00 View Post
            no need to be rude, im new to this thanks.
            Saying please and thank you and letting you know what you did wrong is being rude? Wow. I'll be nice and not say anything. Welcome to cp
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

sry im just new to these forums and not sure of my way around. i have a 2000 protege es and am looking to lower. do you know if these springs and struts look any good?
              (also what section should i be putting this thread in?)

eibach pro kit lowering springs:

and tokico blue hb performance struts:

Comment

Tokico and eibach are both great products. I believe deansweetp5 is running those.
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

thanks a lot dude

Comment

If there is one thing you should NOT go cheap is on coil overs, trust me all the low priced on sale CO is junk. A buddy had one on his 1997 SENTRA and it was dangerous to drive that thing. We took them out immediately, he did not even bother to put on CL or EGAY. He did not want anybody to get killed just because he wants to make some money out of the junk suspension.

Comment

Coilovers

does anyone know of decent coilovers for around $400 or $500 for a 2000 protege es that won't be bad? thanks

Comment

Ground Control.

Make sure you spend the money on some quality struts at the same time.

Comment

reply- coilovers

im looking for a coilover kit that has the struts in it, not just sleeves

Comment

how does anyone think the ride will be with these springs and struts?

eibach prokit springs- http://www.protegegarage.com/product...products_id=99
                            and
                            tokico performance struts- http://www.protegegarage.com/product...roducts_id=285

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Proteges00 View Post
                              im looking for a coilover kit that has the struts in it, not just sleeves
                              Then you'll be looking at spending $700+ new then.

Set on eGay for cheap. Look like the FLT-A1 Series. I have never done coilovers so I have no idea of why the bottoms look so odd?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda...item1e597f2736

Like Chirs stated above, I am running Eibach ProLines and Tokico Blues. Ride is nice. Not too harsh and very predictable.
                              Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM.
                              'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                              -Dean
                              2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                              18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                              Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                              MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                              Injen CAI - Polished
                              Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                              DaveB trim rings
                              Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                              Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                              Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                              Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                              Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                              Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                              Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                              Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Working...
                              X