Help Sourcing a part. (mount bolt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Sourcing a part. (mount bolt)

i had to replace the trailing arm and lateral link on my 02 mazda protege SE. i need a new mount bolt, that runs thrrough both lateral link bars and the strut assembly. after browsing mazdaparts.com for FOREVER i gave up. I found the piece I need here, but its for a 626. not sure if theres a difference and they arent very specific about measurements and what not. any help? much thanks in advance.

Take a sample down to the local parts store. If they don't have it, they can probably refer to you someone who does. Bolt's don't have to be OEM as long as they meet the standards of the original.

Vancouver Bolt is my local supplier. I'm sure you have an equivalent.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

there you go.

Now buy some of my crap.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

much obliged. hard to take the old bolt in and get a reasonable replacement, because its bent, mangled, and in about three pieces one of which is still stuck in the old lateral bar. needless to say it's been a busy day.

Comment

Originally posted by activeradio View Post
          much obliged. hard to take the old bolt in and get a reasonable replacement, because its bent, mangled, and in about three pieces one of which is still stuck in the old lateral bar. needless to say it's been a busy day.
          If you can't reuse the nut... If you have a pair of calipers measure the diameter of the threaded portion and then measure from peak to peak of the threads. Say it's 10mm, there will be a few thread pitches. Pick the one closest to your measurement. If you're replacing the nut too then the pitch can be reasonably close to original, but with limited JIS/metric pitches you'll get the right one just by eyeballing it. For length use calipers to measure the one on the other side since it appears that it goes all the way through. Or just measure the nut, and the parts it goes through.

After working on mazdas since the 1980s... the one thing that makes me hate mazda and JIS fasteners in general is how easily they break.

Comment

Bolt Depot
            If worse comes to worse, you could always make a trip to the j/y and pull one.
            1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
            1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
            2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
            1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

is there a way to get a measurement on this part? the bolt out of the protege at the junkyard is an inch too short. I assume the SE has larger struts?

Comment

Larger than what? What model Protege is in the JY?

Happy Motoring!
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I think it was a DX. but im not 100%. same year. It's about an inch too short though, I assume the SE has larger struts?

Comment

Hmm! Now you have me puzzled. I have an '02 DX and when I replaced my shocks with the heavy duty '03 MSP types, I don't recall that I had to change that bolt. However, it was a long time ago when I did that job.

Happy Motoring!
                    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
                    X