Sport Suspension on a DX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Suspension on a DX?

I need to replace the rear sway bar links on my daughter's new 2002 DX. One is broken. Reviewing the part options on the Advance Auto site, there are two lengths given - an 8.5" and a 7.25". The 7.25" is listed for "sport suspension, MPS option". Before I ordered I went and measured the ones on the car. They measure 7.25". The car has only 53K miles on it, so I really don't think these have been replaced before - nuts look fairly rusty. Would the '02s have come with the sport suspension MPS options standard? BTW - what does "MPS option" mean? Thanks!

"MPS option" is murky waters. i have yet to find a definitive answer online, but in general it means 2003+ Mazdaspeed Protege and usually 2001 MP3 models. do NOT confuse with "Sport suspension" which usually means ES and depending on which parts guy you ask, MP3.

the DX, ES, LX, SE 01-03 mazda proteges use the following endlink part number: B30H-28-170B

you can usually cross reference the advance auto parts number with that one. same part for both sides.

Comment

Working...
    X