Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it look stupid with 18's and no lowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
    yeah but there slammed so its ok.....

some people like black stock steelies, just like some people like gay Altezza's
    Muhahahah! I finally lowered the proty this weekend guys! Aren't you proud of me Greg!! I say screw fender space! Drop that sucker whenever you can man! I like the look! (And to think i was not gonna do it!) Oh and Fuq you still rollin' on your black stock steelies...not me! Muhahah!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

ok you realize your car is going to be so much slower than it already is. i mean these cars dont have to much grunt in the first place and then your going to raise the final drive ratio on top of that? damn!

Comment

the easy way to calculate overall diameter

edit: if the overall diameter stays the same the final drive will too. Could actually improve performace if he reduces the weight. . .

Comment

did he say he was getting lightweight wheels and getting tires lower than 55 series?

Comment

No, he didn't say anything about profile/weight, you brought up the performance issues, I was merely pointing out that if he chose parts carefully he could put together a kick ass wheel/tire package

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
              did he say he was getting lightweight wheels and getting tires lower than 55 series?
              Do they even make 18" tires with a 55 series sidewall?

Comment

Doesn't look like it.

Comment

well i still think its retarded to put on rims that are way to big for these cars.

Comment

Thats subjective, the right 18's could look really good. Nobody will know until it's done, right? Isn't that what the entire club protege thing is for, share info, compare notes, find new mods, etc etc

Comment

I had 18s on my 2000. They weren't too big, I never had problems with rubbing. What is dumb to me is getting 15" rims and then putting a gigantic tire around them.

Comment

I dunno, for me it's not so much about size as it is width, I'd really like to be able to mount a wider tire (at least 215) preferrably on a 16, but I dunno, wheels are a bit of a ways off for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X