No announcement yet.

My Car Is Crooked!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly the spring perches are different on the struts depending on brand. My friend has a P5 with coil overs and recently changed his MazdaSpeed adjustable struts (those hideous looking Lime Green ones...Yuk! But at least the adjuster for the rears was down where you could get to it without removing all the rear trim and seatbelt tensioners) for Tokico Illuminas and had to lower the front collars another 2" to get it back where it was before the swap. Verrrrry interesting.
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusboy19
      I have the Pro kits and I just got KYB struts in last week and there is a bit of gap.
      I think the problem in my case is my wheel size. 16" rims with 40 series tires. This is actually an inch or 2 smaller than my stock tires. Which is about the size of my gap.

So if my aftermarket tires were the same size as my stock tires I would be lookin good, instead of the ol gap.

You need to oversize the wheels my man. I wish I had the money to do that.
      ok the wheels are 16's with 50 series tires, im not bitching that i have too much gap i need gap for my driving conditions, im saying that i have gap in the front and none in the back...^^^^you made sense...i wonder if the perches on the mazda speed struts are different, maybe the perches on the mazdaspeed struts are futher up on the strut which means that my kyb's are not gonna make a difference which means i have a set of msp springs for sell,
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Just a bit of advice to anyone wanting to put MSP springs on there 00dx...i dont know what the difference in the rear struts is, but i know have kyb struts and MSP springs and the car is still sitting the same...so if your going to put the MSP springs on get the MSP struts too, because obviously theres something different there.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

FWIW, the fenders are, for lack of a better term, cut out more in the front than the back.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

It should still be even, the pic that negatize posted shows his being even...high as hell but even. He had the MSP struts and springs...i really think that the perch on the msp struts sits up higher in the rear than the stock struts.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

mine sit like your too i have the i.6l and 1.8 drop eibach springs... it is because of our wheel well in front is cut higher then the back the only way to remove this look is coil overs lower the front mor then the back so its going to stay the same trust me i tried to bitch at mazda for this but no outcome looks like where stuck on this prob lol....hey if we travil together we would look normal lol

Comment

you know im not a fan of cutting springs, but i was thinking, i had to compress the hell out of the front springs to get them on...I could probably cut half a coil out of the bottom and not mess up anything...i dont know, i might just say screw it and leave it alone.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

If you have a system in your trunk, that could be your actuall problem. I used have that same problem when I had 2 10" woofers in the trunk.
                  Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                  X