First Gen Front & Rear Strut Bars Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Gen Front & Rear Strut Bars Links

yeah.. i was asked 2 times today via IM, and seeing as how expressautoparts seems to not carry them, here is another option available off of Sound domain. they're cheaper than what parts express listed them as, and they have a wider selection.. listed are the links you can find these bars... most are in stock and ready to ship out:
    Front strut bar - polished aluminum
    http://www.sounddomain.com/item/RACM021BA Front

Rear strut bar - polished aluminum
    http://www.sounddomain.com/item/RACM022BA Rear

additionally, their other color selections and what not are available about 1/2 way down the page at http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/list...tart=1&show=77

they're listed as fitting 90-98 proteges and a few years of the mx-3. if there is any doubt.. call them up and verify which strut bars fit what, but like i said before, i had both of these bars, and to the basic commuter, these are cheap, but effective modifications.
    kevin
    Last edited by charles; 09-22-2004, 01:41 PM.

thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

But the strut bars for a 1st and 2nd gen are different. The 1st gen bars use 4 holes on the mounting brackets, while the 2nd gen bars should have 3 holes.

Comment

and ****ers won't let me edit the thread title.. oh well. needless to say, they're listed from 90-98.. you would only assume. but i've recieved these bars myself, and they did NOT come with secondary mounting brackets that could be used in a 3 bolt application. i have no technical evidence to prove they will fit a 2nd gen in ANY FORM or fashion. so i guess it's safe to say, THESE WILL NOT FIT A SECOND GEN

Comment

Do two out of the three holes match the 2nd gen? If the length is okay and all you need to do is go to a shop mark the 3rd hole and drill away.

That's what I did for my front strut bar when I ordered from ebay. Maybe it'll work if someone's willing to try.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

that's what happens when you buy cheap ass ****. I've been there and learned the hard way, hold out for a real strut bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
              that's what happens when you buy cheap ass ****. I've been there and learned the hard way, hold out for a real strut bar.
              when are those coming through? any luck getting a good reliable shop to do the work?

Comment

patience daniel son

yes, soon, got side tracked buying cars this month...

Comment

buying cars?? which car did u go for?

Comment

check the sig dude

Comment

yeah.. bout that signature daryl, wouldn't it be adventageous to work up a new pic with all 3 of your mazda's lined up good luck bro

Comment

Working...
                      X