WTB stock rear springs for first gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB stock rear springs for first gen

Hey I just wanted to know if anyone had there rear stock springs hangin around the house or shop that someone could sell me for cheap... I just need the 2 rear stock springs... for a 91... thanks Ronnie
    Ratrod

still lookin
    Ratrod

Comment

if you send me 200$ ill by eibachs and swap those out and send you my stock ones
      91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

haha hell ya that would be a good trade huh lololol???
        Ratrod

Comment

If you were looking for springs for a older gen I could help you.... Im only posting b/c I dont know if these would work or not. I have them from my 2002. Please pardon my ignorance.
          Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

Comment

Too bad, I just threw mine out a few months ago after holding on to them for about 3 years.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

a common problem with the stock protege springs is for a few coils to break in the rear... i've had it happen on every single 1st gen i've owned.... switch to aftermarket and save yourself the hassle later down the road.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                a common problem with the stock protege springs is for a few coils to break in the rear... i've had it happen on every single 1st gen i've owned.... switch to aftermarket and save yourself the hassle later down the road.
                That happened to me. Both of the rear springs had broken coils.
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Guess I swapped mine out for the Sprints in time before that happened to me. Mine looked perfect when I took them off.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                  X