This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for cheap 1.5L cylinder head

so the car barely runs and i gotta fix it... i was initially rebuilding the BP but in order to get it done on a limited budget, i gotta cut some corners... and i dont want to
    so im going to be fixing the Z5 for the second time

so anyways, what im looking for is a head for a 2nd gen 1.5L
    preferably a 1997-1998

now im not looking for anything in amazing shape... im looking for something cheap
    because im getting a full valve job done on it anyways, so its not a problem if a valve is burnt or if there is/was compression problems that were related to the valves

it does not need to have the cams or cam gears either, but everything else needs to be there.
    valves, springs, retainers, keepers

my only requirements are:
    1. the mating surface to the block MUST be in good shape
    this means that if you pulled the head off of your car and its just resting at the side of the house... sorry, but that wouldnt work for me
    Or if its just been tossed around, again... i need a perfectly true mating surface

2. the head must have come off of a car that did NOT have a head gasket leak, crack in the head, or any oil/coolant burning issues

One again, it IS OK if the head came off a car with burnt valves... so what this means is all you BP swappers out there, who still have a Z5 that is fully assembled.

Let me know how much you want for it, and how much it would cost to ship to L8W1W4 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

My car just starting blowing blueish smoke out the back so I'm curious about all issues now including yours. I fixed one problem and another arose. Can the head solely also be a cause for this or did the piston rings wear down on my car? The car actually takes off and runs really well. It's currently idling way high and does not come down. I tried the throttle body adjustment screw and moving changes nothing. Can't you just get your current head repaired?

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo
      Can't you just get your current head repaired?
      He wants minimum down-time.

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo
        My car just starting blowing blueish smoke out the back so I'm curious about all issues now including yours. I fixed one problem and another arose. Can the head solely also be a cause for this or did the piston rings wear down on my car? The car actually takes off and runs really well. It's currently idling way high and does not come down. I tried the throttle body adjustment screw and moving changes nothing. Can't you just get your current head repaired?
        you're gonna have to do a leakdown test to know where the failure in your engine is

its hard to say the 'head' is the problem, cause there are many different parts...
        i could help you out with whats wrong with it... but as you'll read in all my posts

do a compression test, and then start a thread about your engine
        and we'll go from there

until then, theres no much we can diagnose... especially over the internet

Comment

i found a head....
          thread closed

Comment

Working...
          X