FS: 2000 Mazda Protege 5spd Transmission for 1.6L engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 2000 Mazda Protege 5spd Transmission for 1.6L engine

I am selling a transmission from a 2000 Mazda Protege with 1.6L engine, it has 11k miles on it, it is a manual transmission. Just the transmission.

Can take pictures for those who are interested.

I doubt anybody needs a transmission yet for their 5spd but if you do here's your chance! For you power hungry 1.6 liter people one day you'll need this

$250 + shipping or no charge to pick it up in CT

thanks
    David

'04 Dodge Neon

'01 Ford Crown Victoria (Yellow Taxi)

'97 VW Passat TDI

'92 BMW 535i

Thats a friggin steal I have a 1.6 L automatic (99) and I'm gonna go ahead and assume the 99 /00 builds are compatible transmission wise. why are you selling it exactly? seems odd your selling ti with 11k on it :D either way is it just the transmission or will it take some maneuvering to get the rest of the parts required. hrmm i'll go see if the protege faq has any info for me.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

I bought the transmission from a junkyard because I was going to turbocharge my Protege and wanted a spare tranny to build up due to the torque the turbo was going to give the car, my Protege is going to be sold by the middle of next week so I will have no use whatsoever for this transmission.

You will need shifter linkage rods, shifter itself, pedals, slave cylinder, and quite a bit of hardware to make use of this transmission. I'll take a picture of this sometime in the next couple days if I can get to it to show you what this consists of.

You'd still save money trading in your car for a 5spd one, honestly between the labor and factory parts you'd need to obtain to do this conversion.
      David

'04 Dodge Neon

'01 Ford Crown Victoria (Yellow Taxi)

'97 VW Passat TDI

'92 BMW 535i

Comment

Hey David, you still selling this tranny?
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
        X