No announcement yet.

I'm still looking for the following parts for a 1st Gen Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a set of Blaupunkt cheapo 6.5" coax speakers. Brand new, still in the box.

$35 shipped

Comment

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago when I wanted to buy replacement aftermarket speakers. I looked all over the place and the only ones that actually had holes to match up with the holes on the rear deck were by Pioneer. I bought those and the worked perfectly and sounded grreat! I still have one but the tweeter is dried out from the sun. I'm sure it's also going to make an ugly chirping sound or similar. In other words, not just any cheap or expensive speaker is going to work just because it says 6.5 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
        i have a set of Blaupunkt cheapo 6.5" coax speakers. Brand new, still in the box.

$35 shipped
        Is it a direct replacement or do I need to modify? I am interested!!!

Comment

If you want the single speaker, send me the money for shipping only and you can have it. It will be a good guide for you. Or, better yet, go to crutchfied.com because they have a chart that lets you know what speaker fits what. That's how I finally found the right speaker. Well, back then it was through their magazine that has the chart too. The speaker that fit perfectly ended up having like 10 holes instead of the typical 3 or 4 around the rim. I just use Crutchfield as a guide and then buy the same thing locally if it's available. In this case the speaker was not available here but I ordered from some other place over mail because crutchfield is too expensive. It was made to fit different applications. Either way, it worked beautifully and I have found Pioneer is a brand that usually sounds better than more expensive speakers when I test them one against the other. You have to move into much, much more expensive brands to equal them or get better. Buying old speakers is not good anyway, they usually are dried out by the sun and if they're not cracked yet, they are soon to be. Well, at least here in South Florida that's the case. If they were used in Canada I don't think you need to worry much.
          Last edited by mannydingo; 05-28-2004, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I have brand new Kenwood 6.5's in box...$20

Comment

Working...
            X