No announcement yet.

GTX engine group buy tech questions -- split thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stock fuel rail should suffice for what my goals are. I do want to upgrade to a RRFPR on there before I get it in though. Again that is probably going to be another wiring issue, or should it be the same connector as the stock one? Hopefully its not the 8 pin connector, and its 2 different ones.

how different is the TB off of a USDM LX vs the BPt?

I wanted to eventually go aftermarket on the TB anyways, should I consider going ahead and doing that insted of the LX TB? or would it not really matter since I need the sensor anyways? Or can I get the sensor from a dealer (who will rape me IM sure) or a j/y who will probably not part the sensor from the TB and make me buy them both.

TheMan lives in Dallas. I guess I can just go find him, kidnapp his dog/cat/ family member and hold them ransom for some bpt work.

j/k I would never do that. Hell I probably live like 2 blocks from him see him every other day and would never even know it.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Well, when you get your engine, it should have the GTX fuel rail on it. The plug on that is different from the LX one, but I think it's the same as the B6 ones. That's what I'm trying to say. It'll be really easy once you take a look at it.

The throttle bodies are exactly the same. It's just the thing at the end of the plenum ends differently for the two different kinds of TPS sensors. I need a pic...
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

lol... thank you.....

That would be sweet if it was the same as the B6 harness..... Less splicing.

Comment

ok more questions......

Since I got the ****ty F series tranny in my 323, and the G series not only has the stronger casing, but also the better gear ratios, is there anything at all that I should consider swapping from my F series on over to my G series? I know that the 5th gear can be done for better fuel mpg on the highway, but anything else?

I have also been thinking that since I got both the tranny and the engine free of the car, I might as well go ahead and slap a lightweight flywheel and ACT clutch in there. I found some sites online (plz dont reccomend ebay, as prices fluxuate and I kinda need a definate ATM) and the cheapest I found was off of www.ultrarev.com listed for 312.79 for the clutch and 330 for a fidanza flywheel. Am I getting taken? Or are these decent prices? I know I should probably keep my eye out on Ebay for better deals and that is probably what I will do, but if the time comes and there is not one on Ebay this will be my fall back site, and I dont want my fall back site to be raping me.

Next I would like to at least have the gears shot peened before I swap the tranny in. Just something I want to do. I have considered having them straight cut, but heard that doing so shortens the life of the gears and it makes a horrible noise when shifting into reverse. Any comments?

I started a 323 swap parts needed list in the engine drivetrain section.

Comment

Working...
          X