No announcement yet.

Corksport 1st gen Exhaust Group Buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since this groupbuy failed, i've aquired a 3rd gen that im gonna throw up in the air and measure to see how hard it will be to use the CS exhaust on a gen1 (ive looked at it before and they LOOK close enough to do, but the measurements will deside)
    IF they fit well enough to drop the dough, ill post the results and mods needed to accoplish this uprade.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
      since this groupbuy failed, i've aquired a 3rd gen that im gonna throw up in the air and measure to see how hard it will be to use the CS exhaust on a gen1 (ive looked at it before and they LOOK close enough to do, but the measurements will deside)
      IF they fit well enough to drop the dough, ill post the results and mods needed to accoplish this uprade.
      Thank you! I want atleast a catback for my EGT soon!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

They were "supposedly" making one anyway..for the 1st gens. Thats what someone told me.

Comment

i plan on contacting corksport on this issue after i have the measurements, im already in dire need of a new exhaust, i have a hacked together mild steel one a "friend" did for me in trade for my extra flowmaster, it looked good and sounded great! but it rotted out after a few months of use
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Any chance they'd put different mufflers on? I hate those rice cans.
            Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

I highly doubt it.. the 3rd gens have the same muffler.. There not really as loud as any other exhaust...on the 3rd gens they arent. A guy has one on his boosted MP3, and its sounds GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                I highly doubt it.. the 3rd gens have the same muffler.. There not really as loud as any other exhaust...on the 3rd gens they arent. A guy has one on his boosted MP3, and its sounds GREAT.

Turbos act as mufflers so same muffler on a n/a car and it will probably sound like ****!
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                  Turbos act as mufflers so same muffler on a n/a car and it will probably sound like ****!
                  i dont know where you get your information but my car is barly quieter then when i was NA.....i thought it was louder but all my friends say on a scale of 1 to 20 my car used to be about an 18 and now its a 17...
                  91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
                  Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                    There are 2 NA P5's as well with them..and they are loud, but its not annoying loud..But they look sooo good on the car. well worth it and well made.

Comment

Well after some initial measurement of a 2000 protege LX 1.6L , i've decided that the exhaust is possible. i have not climbed under my car yet due to the on and off rain, but i snagged all the measurements and some pics of the stock exhaust.

now if we can get some first hand info on the CS gen 3 exhaust,such as fitmentthat would be great.The cat pipe comes back further than my stock exhaust(if i remember correctly)and the bends look real similar
                      Attached Files
                      -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                        i dont know where you get your information but my car is barly quieter then when i was NA.....i thought it was louder but all my friends say on a scale of 1 to 20 my car used to be about an 18 and now its a 17...
                        Flowing ALOT more because your now turboed and it being quieter (even slightly in your case) isn't strange?! Some cars it applys more then others but turbos shape the sound at the least and make it sound less ricey/raspy!

Comment

It's a known fact turbos quiet the exhaust note. If anyone wishes to dispute that, go read a book.

Those exhaust pics look nothing like the stock 1st gen system. Ours actually goes directly to a 90-deg. bend towards passanger side and then a 90-deg. bend towards the rear.
                          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

im still waiting to climb under mine and check, and if they are close, them im gonna get a J/Y 3rd jen exhausy and see if the bends are close enough
                            im assuming this pic is missleading so let me clarify
                            Attached Files
                            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I can assure you those are not 90-deg. bends. Why? Because I've seen the stock 3rd gen system.

In fact, I have a pic right here, but the link wouldn't work.
                              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

GAY, F CorkSport. Buy a 3rd gen MS/Racingbeat or the SPortback exhaust and retro fit it to the 1st gen, do custom tubing, O GOD it looks soo much better then a fart can, and think bout the price, $100 for all custom tubing upto the muffler that yo can buy on Ebay....for $100 AT MOST, usually around $80 thats where i got mine from. Hmm thats UNDER $200. Yup IM DOING THAT.

Just my $.02 ive heard horror stories from CS and im not about to use them anytime soon.
                                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                                X