Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95-'98 Carbon Fiber Hoods by PureSport (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read all phucking 38 pages of these posts... wow what an odyssey. what i've been thinking about sence page 3 was how bad ass would it be to have seth make some Carbon Fibre Trunks motha ****a. that'd be sooo nice, i earlier saw an EVO VIII driven by a damn chick that was totally modified and the EVO's have CF trunks what do you think?

Comment

At the current rate we'll have C/F trunks coming in 2009.

Comment

there wouldn't be a large enough demand for anyone to do cf trunks for the 2nd gens.
        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

the only way a carbon fiber trunk would look good on the protege/any car, would be if the hood was also carbon fiber.

that means, as i know of we are the only 2nd gen protege owners with cf hoods, only people in the group buy should get a carbon fiber trunk. that's what i think anyway...me 2cents.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            At the current rate we'll have C/F trunks coming in 2009.

Comment

pics of my 95 hood.
              Attached Files
              Almost there

jdm tails... check
              jdm bumper... check
              ms lip... check
              ms grill... check
              ms sideskirts... check
              ms rear skirts... check
              ms spoiler... check
              ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

do my pics match this...
                Attached Files
                Almost there

jdm tails... check
                jdm bumper... check
                ms lip... check
                ms grill... check
                ms sideskirts... check
                ms rear skirts... check
                ms spoiler... check
                ms struts... check

Comment

i'd say not one hundred percent. but pretty damn close, but beetle has relayed to me that seth said the design of the supports weren't strong enough for the cf hood so had to do a slight redesign or their own to handle it. who knows if this is true or not
                  proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

still trying to get in touch with seth again so he can send me a top photo.

sam, whenever you get the chance.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                    Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Whats funny is, yall asked for a pic of the hood, and you get a pic of the bottom, not the top, which is what determineis if its good quality and what not.
                      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Originally posted by Torped0
                        Whats funny is, yall asked for a pic of the hood, and you get a pic of the bottom, not the top, which is what determineis if its good quality and what not.
                        I'm not laughing. Other members of this thread aren't laughing. **** for all I know that can be a hood of an 88 cutlass or 91 cavalier. That pic proves nothing other then there is a spare hood of an unknown vehicle sitting around their shop. And about the pic. We need to see a bottom, top, and an angled view. Everything is important. Not just a crappy cf pic of the bottom torpedo.

Comment

If you get what I wrote, I'm laughing at the fact that they showed you a picture of something that could be irrelevant and they expect you to be satisfied. Maybe the word laughing is the wrong word hrm..

Comment

Yeah now that I read it I see the sarcasim.

I hate not knowing.

Comment

Chill out, it'll get done soon enough. Seth and his crew must be real busy for them to take this long. And since they are taking this long, the outcome should be rather impressive and i'm sure you'll enjoy it!! Of course you CF hOod people are gonna make fun of us for having a stock hood
                              Last edited by Torped0; 04-04-2006, 12:44 PM.

Comment

man if that guy seth can actually send real hi-res photos of the CF hood then i'd feel much better about dumping $400+ on a hood ya know? just cock slap him and get him to do it. whoever said that he is doing us a favor is in a way correct but if we're buying something then we should be satisfied as much as possible by that seth guy. i kind of think that he is trying to dick us out of money; that concerns me.

Comment

Working...
                                X