Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95-'98 Carbon Fiber Hoods by PureSport (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure the sky is falling. Hopefully you guys will get somehoods from Seth. From the limited research I have done this afternoon, it does look like puresports/spd has sold things in the past to people, and there are some happy customers. I don't know what is going on with them, but from the pics I saw of the test GTX hood, it looked damn good. I think they have the ability to make some nice quality hoods, and make customers happy, but it hasn't happened form the GTX crew. I don't personally mind waiting for a hood, but i have not recieved a reply from Seth in several months (fall 2005, I think) and I'm starting to do some research to see what is up. I hope you guys get your hoods, because I'm guessing that if you get yours, there is a chance that I might get mine. The whole point of my post was to gather some info, and get some people organized in case we don't get our stuff...

Anyway, if anyone wants to be kept in the loop as to what happens with the GTX stuff, drop me an email and I'll add you to the list.

onblur@yahoo.com

Pete

Comment

i left seth a message this morning and he did call me up at work right after. he said he is busy but will try to get those pictures for me.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
        If I don't pics in the next two weeks I am leaving the group buy and I want my money back.. I knew from the beginning that something wasn't right with these guys.
        Exactly how are you going to get your money back? Take Puresport to court for your non-refundable $150 deposit? And if you knew those guys were crooks why didn't you let us all know before we plunged $1500 down the drain?

Just shut up already. You're the only one fussing about this, and there are 8 more people in this group buy. They haven't lied to us yet. They're just slow. Take a break, come back in two weeks, live happy.

Comment

martin, thanks for understanding. i hope all of you see it this way cuz we went into this endeavor TOGETHER. like intruder, i see no reason to doubt seth yet. he may not return my callls immediately but he DOES and thats all that matters. he calls me on my cell phone and at work. he may have renegated on some of his promises but he is not perfect and from the get go he said it will take TIME. has it been slow? hell yeah! does that mean we crucify him? hell NO!

i was just on the PHONE (no recording and he picked it up) with seth and tried to get his side on this "deal" with the 323GTX. i am not saying onblur is right or wrong but we do not know their "story" everybody has their own story to tell. i heard seth's side but DO NOT wish to discuss it here because its their business. i will put my nose in OUR affairs, ONLY. If seth is really out to screw people out why has he not cashed the 1st gen's check for their carbon fiber hood group buy?

pls people always remember that there is always two sides of a story. you can not pass judgement by just hearing one side of it. that is just wrong.

Santos, how do you suppose we give you your money back just like that when our money is in there as well? you can most certainly "sell" your spot on the group buy.
          Last edited by beetle_orange; 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM.

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

I hear ya beetle.

Appreciate the guy onblur giving us some extra info but we know nothing about how their deal went down. Not even a forum link w/ info. We def don't need the juicy details to clutter up this gb. Gotta just do our best to cover our asses in case something goes wrong.

Might be best to make copies of the signed doc and just email us an electronic version.

Hope the pics show up soon. Kinda makes me worried.
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Sorry Santos.

Originally posted by Intruder
              If you would like to join this G/B, you are required to make a deposit in the amount of $125.
              This deposit is not refundable unless:

a) The group buy does not go through.
              b) You find another person to take your place.

Comment

Damn, it's been so long I forgot we sent them $1250, not $1500. Oh well...

Edwin, don't worry.

Comment

Gulp!

Remember everyone, "woosaw..."

Damn, it seems there have been a few really "jumpy" posts by second gen members recently. Let's all stop the hating..
                  1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

I still dont think you guys are going to get ripped off, even though its taking long. Quite honestly, for the price you guys are paying you dont deserve to get them any sooner... and most of you seem to understand that.

You're not paying much for something this high quality, how do you expect it to be priorirty for them? .... and to put it into perspective, you're pretty much paying wholesale.

If I didnt have to complete a BP rebuild this year, i'd still feel comfortable giving my money in for this buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      Exactly how are you going to get your money back? Take Puresport to court for your non-refundable $150 deposit? And if you knew those guys were crooks why didn't you let us all know before we plunged $1500 down the drain?

Just shut up already. You're the only one fussing about this, and there are 8 more people in this group buy. They haven't lied to us yet. They're just slow. Take a break, come back in two weeks, live happy.

Hey Martin watch who you are talking to bro. You don't know **** about me. How long does it take to snap 3 or 4 pictures huh? Don't tell me that they are that busy where they can't even do that for us. All I know is that I haven't received anything yet, in terms of, pics or info and in my opinion is theft. I have waited months for something that may not even exist. You screw with my money Martin I am entitled to be pissed off and in your friken face. So don't tell me to shut up man. All I am asking for are for pics of "these hoods" or anything that shows me progress. I don't think I am asking for a lot.

Santos
                      Last edited by sanblaster1; 03-16-2006, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. Let's try not to fight w/ each other. Not gonna get our hoods any faster.

Santos, I'm also a bit sensitive when it comes to business transactions also. No matter how busy a company is if they agree to do a job I'd expect to at least know how the job i paid for is going. It just seems like a good business practice to not neglect your customers (even if they make a low priority purchase) cause they could prove to be a big money maker later. If the guy is busy and he wouldn't have a hood ready in another couple months, he should be man enough to say so. It's no biggie to me if that was said as long as they keep us updated.

The only thing we can do now is be patient. If you want out try and get someone to take your place. It's all about hoping the trust we put in this company pays off. At least beetle's been talking to the guy.

Proto have you had a chance to stop by in a while.
                        ED
                        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Thanks for understanding loganss. I become highly aggressive when it comes to my money and I know that others are the same. I just don't get it when I give people checks and they tell me to shut up when I have seen nothing in what, 7 months? Once again all I am asking for is pictures of these hoods showing me that we are not being blown off and showing some kind of progress. I just don't like being played with unless it is by my girlfriend in bed.

Comment

and i agree, if you read my post i said it myself. all i want is unity in this one and not bash one another just because its taking them so long. his phone number is for everyone to see so you can call him anytime you want.

yeah sam if you can pls see if you can stop by seth's shop and bring your camera.

i'll say this again, we knew from the get go that we were not top priority, he was just doing us a favor. does it give seth the right to negate on his promise? no, but it only means that we have to be patient.

Mods:

Comment

Guys,

The point of my post was to gather info, not to cause a panic. I haven't decided for sure what I think about SPD/puresports, and if I decide they are crooks, I'll be sure to tell you guys. At this point, I'm not sure. I think this is my 3rd post on this forum, so you have every right to take anything to say with a grain of salt. We paid in Feb - March 2005. It's now March 2006. I just what to know what is up.

Beatle_Orange - If you got seth's side of the story, can you email it to me? onblur at yahoo.com. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, I just want to know what is going on.

Loganss - Here are some forum links, FYI

Thanks,

Pete Horine

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
                                I just don't like being played with unless it is by my girlfriend in bed.
                                I'll do that for you if that's what it takes to make you chillax.

No one has stolen your money. The company making our hoods is slow - everyone has agreed on that. Why are we still talking about it? Don't bite the hand that feeds you! They ARE making hoods, and that's all that matters. The only problem I can see you having with them is the slow progress. If you're in a rush to get a hood, then by all means find someone to replace you in the G/B and go get your hood done elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X