Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: AURFA coilovers for BG chassis (finally)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
    Good to hear. Do you know what the inner diameter of the spring will be? Hopefully it's a standard size so those of us with sleeve kits can just use the tophats from them with camber plates.

Alternatively, would there be any option to have the rears setup the same as the fronts with a similar mounting plate like the one in the picture? It would be a nice option for those whom already have camber plates since the factory style mount will just be discarded anyway.
    Thats, what I we did with them.

TurboProto, PM me or call me, we need to talk.

Comment

For how long would these be available? I could get in this buy in the next couple of months depending on how much time there is for this to go thru. And how much would shipping be to zip 00693

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
        Well then I want a fresh set if you are going to keep those and beat up on them cause I dont want used suspension. Remember the 4wd is alot heavier and id rather breaking in my own stuff on my car. Not trying to be picky but im wierd when it comes to new parts. I didnt know you were going to beat up on my stuff. I know these can take the abuse but I want to be the one doing it.
        Its no worries Grant I was a little buzzed when I posted this...LOL
        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Very interested in the adjustable version, would the manufacturer support a trade in program when the adjustable struts are ready, i.e. credit towards a trade in? This isn't a huge deal as I am sure I could sell the old set here when the adjustable struts are ready.

Can Eibach springs or springs from other manufacturers be used with these or do they use an esoteric diameter? What about rebuilds? Will there be US support for these?

Would like to see a set, i.e. off the shelf, sent out and tested on a shock dyno.

Autocross to Win, a technical discussion of preparing winning autocross cars.

As grant noted these would not be good for rally. True rally struts are much beefier than road struts to handle the harsh forces they will be sujected to. Talk to rallispec about getting a setup for rally, they do special order work; http://www.rallispec.com/service.htm
          Last edited by Silentbob343; 02-23-2008, 01:53 PM.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

i'm very interested in this... i'm building a 4wd mx-3 and will need really good adjustable strut setup and this looks promising... but like asked before how much will shipping be to the states? it would suck to buy for 750 then pay a bundle for shipping plus knowing that i'd have to wait to get new parts shipped over and how much would that cost? also my rear camber will be all kinds of wacked cause of the AWD set up in back so it is good knowing i can add cusco plates as soon as i can afford them although I wish camber plates were part of the design they don't look hard for a company like that to build and would make these likely sell even more
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

due to financial reasons, I have to delay or cancel my trip to Taiwan, and it seems like everyone would like more time to come up with the funds for these. It can also be a good thing as this gives me a slight bit more time to see what i can work out as far as availibility and pricing on the adjustable models.

Projectmx, it is possible to get them with camber plates, just not reasonable for the cost at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Grant8311 View Post
                due to financial reasons, I have to delay or cancel my trip to Taiwan, and it seems like everyone would like more time to come up with the funds for these. It can also be a good thing as this gives me a slight bit more time to see what i can work out as far as availibility and pricing on the adjustable models.

Projectmx, it is possible to get them with camber plates, just not reasonable for the cost at this stage
                so how far back where you thinking of pushing this?
                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

These look very similar to my Ksports, except that they don't have the camber plates and pillow ball top mounts and the adjustable dampers. The only thing is the spring rates, 8K and 6K is way too stiff, I have 6K and 5K and find them too stiff for the road, but again our roads suck. And Ksports don't blow that fast, mines are still like new.

Good luck with the development

Comment

Originally posted by 323driver View Post
                    These look very similar to my Ksports, except that they don't have the camber plates and pillow ball top mounts and the adjustable dampers. The only thing is the spring rates, 8K and 6K is way too stiff, I have 6K and 5K and find them too stiff for the road, but again our roads suck. And Ksports don't blow that fast, mines are still like new.

Good luck with the development
                    Yeah, that's why I want to know if they can take eibach springs those are very high rates. That said how did these do on the street? What kinds of roads were they driven on, i.e. city/highway?
                    Last edited by Silentbob343; 02-25-2008, 07:17 PM.
                    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

aren't the GTR and mx-6 spring rates the same as these kits? personally i'm stoaked about these spring rates don't change them please i need these if i want to be really competative in the autox
                      In the Garage
                      Black 93 MX-3 GS
                      Bp powered
                      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343 View Post
                        Yeah, that's why I want to know if they can take eibach springs those are very high rates. That said how did these do on the street? What kinds of roads were they driven on, i.e. city/highway?
                        These feel very comfortable on the hwy or the streets. We had it dragging the mudflaps in the front and it still felt nice. Its raised up a little bit now for daily use. I cant wait to try them out on my car with Mazdaracers lower front and rear tie bars and my suspension techniques sway bars. And some urethane bushings.
                        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about pushing them back 2-3 months. This gives more time since it was a bit on short notice. I don't think there is a trade in program for these.

If steve wants to put these on the shock dyno, he can go for it. but right now they aren't off the shelf and not even available in the states. Please guys, keep in mind the price im trying to work with. If you guys want $3000 coilovers made, I can have them done if I see the funds. I trying to work with whatever resources I can right now, and honestly, there is very high expectations for something that was meant to be a gc/zx2 strut solution.

At this point I plan to test them out a little more. so far it has just been 1 autocross and a fair amount of city/highway driving (even mix of both). My cars been going through some changes and ran into some issues lately, and hasn't been on the road, so I will keep you guys posted, Please forgive me for the delays
                          Last edited by Grant8311; 03-04-2008, 01:40 AM.

Comment

for $3000 i'd expect front and rear camber plates, more than 26 way adjustment on the shocks themselves, the ability to do all adjustments from inside the car sitting in the driver seat, and more.. ast suspension is only around 2 grand and has way more options than these and built buy a very well known company and are very long lasting shocks. I don't mind having less options thatn the AST setup since these are a little under a grand but I still want something good that's all i'm asking
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

$3000 puts it into rally strength range. I'd have some high standards for that price as well.
                              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I didn't see this before, but I like the looks of it.

But like others, I've got some questions:

What is the diameter of the damping unit?
                                Is this an inverted setup? (I'm assuming no, since you said the damper body threads into the strut tube)
                                What are the damping rates (compression/rebound)?
                                What does it cost to revalve and do an oil change on them?
                                Is there a place in the US where these can be taken for such service?
                                What is the travel distance of the dampers?
                                What are the strut tubes made of?
                                Are the strut tubes CNC''d, since it looks like the mounting ears are very smoothly attached to the strut tube?
                                Will there be an option for the brakeline mounting to not be ziptied?
                                I'd also like to see the results of these put on a shock dyno.

I'm not saying anything bad about these, I'm just wanting the information that should be available to look at before purchasing suspension pieces...

--sarge
                                Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 03-05-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X