Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: AURFA coilovers for BG chassis (finally)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok if anyone wants to put them on a dyno then buy a set yourself and do it. Cause im not going to waste my time and $ to do that just so you guys can compare numbers that dont really matter unless you are a pro driver. which none of you are cause if you were you wouldnt be driving a 323/protege. Im not trying to hate but it seeme like in any thread in this fourm people want info on something that they cant afford and they ask a million pointless questions and then if they were in the group buy or whatever they back out for some dumb reason.

All I have to say is that the strut center dampiner shaft is larger than a ZX2 strut, they perform great and are strut body has great compression and rebound and I believe they will out perform Ksports and G4 racing coilovers. And if my coilovers do ever fail and my warranty is up I will have a dirt bike suspension shop redo my oils and seals.

And remember that this price that we were selling these at were way cheaper than getting these from the manufacture and shipping these over for yourselves, or any other brands at that.

Sorry if im pissed but you have to remeber we dont make the parts were just hooking members up with a good deal. If you want to get ripped off somewhere else than go for it.

If I didnt think that these coilovers werent good I wouldnt of purchased them in the first place and installed them on my own car. And we wouldnt be wasting our time to sell crappy products to members/ friends.

Sorry guys just venting cause Ive been very busy building drift cars and doing motor swaps.
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

sorry man i'm just wanting to make sure i get the right set before i agree to buying anything suspension for my car... and i may not be pro but i plan on working that way in the next few years with this car and by the way there are more than a couple pro's driving 323's and at least one semi pro driving an mx-3
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
        Ok if anyone wants to put them on a dyno then buy a set yourself and do it. Cause im not going to waste my time and $ to do that just so you guys can compare numbers that dont really matter unless you are a pro driver. which none of you are cause if you were you wouldnt be driving a 323/protege. Im not trying to hate but it seeme like in any thread in this fourm people want info on something that they cant afford and they ask a million pointless questions and then if they were in the group buy or whatever they back out for some dumb reason.

All I have to say is that the strut center dampiner shaft is larger than a ZX2 strut, they perform great and are strut body has great compression and rebound and I believe they will out perform Ksports and G4 racing coilovers. And if my coilovers do ever fail and my warranty is up I will have a dirt bike suspension shop redo my oils and seals.

And remember that this price that we were selling these at were way cheaper than getting these from the manufacture and shipping these over for yourselves, or any other brands at that.

Sorry if im pissed but you have to remeber we dont make the parts were just hooking members up with a good deal. If you want to get ripped off somewhere else than go for it.

If I didnt think that these coilovers werent good I wouldnt of purchased them in the first place and installed them on my own car. And we wouldnt be wasting our time to sell crappy products to members/ friends.

Sorry guys just venting cause Ive been very busy building drift cars and doing motor swaps.
        That isn't really the right attitude to have in this situation. You are trying to sell something to people here. You should answer their questions regardless of weather or not they will commit to buying. Especially when the product is new and not well known. These people are just trying to insure that their money is well spent on a quality part.

You can count me out of this group buy. I am no longer interested.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Ease up. It's not worth getting worked up about. The questions Sarge asks are valid, as he does use is BG chassis on a Professional level. People like Jon (jrally) and Jay and Sarge are the people pushing the Pro level with these cars, and when they ask about specifics on a strut, its worth looking into. Jon spent over $2200 on his Hotbits setup. Why? Because Hotbits supplied him with those very important specifics.

If someone wants to consider these beyond a great ride around town to trust them on the tarmac or gravel, they'll want to know they stack against the other leaders in the market that are priced similar.

No accusations, no hard feelings. Those going/in Pro where sponsors matter need this sort of hard data the parts are worth the cost, no matter what the cost high or low.

People have complained about the Ksports being to harsh and blowing from lack of travel and stiff springs. I don't want Afura to suffer the same fate. We want to support them, but we need to gain their trust first.

Does that make sense? I don't want to sound like a preacher or prosecutor, just making sure we all understand each other.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

people are just trying to insure that their money is well spent on a quality part.
            steve i have to totally agree with marc in the situation. your taking things over personal & then getting defensive about it

no worries tho. every one of us is guilty of a bad day. take a breather & come back when your cooled off
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yea sorry if I was upset but whatever, here's some info:

AURFA-SFX Full Coilover Kits
              The AURFA SFX series adopts height-adjustable single-tube gas-hydraulic design. The greatest improvement is it separates the damper oil and nitrogen effect. One of the defects of multiple-tube gas-hydraulic shock absorbers is it mixes oil and nitrogen, and the pressure tends to be released unevenly which leads to abrasion and deformation of the steel core that cause the leak of the damper oil.

The AURFA SFX series damper adopts the design of 54mm super-large diameter and is made of intensified aluminum alloy. It greatly increases the volume of damper oil and provides excellent efficiency of heat spreading, which avoids air bubbles and ensures stable quality of damper oil. The shock absorber works well even when the car is being drove fiercely.Each type of AURFA SFX series shock absorber is designed specifically for the car type and. It has passed strict damper modulus test configuration, with. AURFA SFX series coil spring configuration, the car turns smoothly at winding courses. AURFA SFX series has high performance as a top-quality shock absorber.

As of safety, most original shock absorbers, designed for providing comfort for passengers, are not capable of truly reflecting the road situation, not to mention the G-force which dramatically increases when dodging or passing winding courses。The imbalance could lead drivers to making incorrect judgment. On the contrary, competition-level shock absorbers focus on control sensitivity rather than comfort and do not meet needs of most drivers. AURFA SFX series has qualities of both street and sport cars. It allows the driver to enjoy driving, no matter on winding courses or urban streets. If you are tired of the boring driving journey, AURFA SFX series will let you rediscover the connection between driver and cars.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by TurboProto; 03-06-2008, 01:52 AM.
              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

no worries

steve the site looks good, decent read, it labels the strut body as 54mm? have you noticed them to be larger then stock or equivalent struts???
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Whoa, man, I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything. I just wanted to know all the specs, to see if they were something I'd try in the future. As far as the damper dyno, Aurfa themselves should have that information supplied to them by the manufacturer of the dampers if it's subcontracted, or have their own shock dyno if they build them in-house; I wasn't saying you should grab a set and put it on a dyno.

--sarge

Comment

Damper
                    Each type of AURFA SFX-RS shock absorber is designed specifically for the car type and. It has passed strict damper modulus test configuration, with. AURFA SFX series coil spring configuration, the car turns smoothly at winding courses. AURFA SFX-RS has high performance as a top-quality shock absorber.

Coil Spring
                    The AURFA SFX series coil spring utilize SAE9254 STEEL. Its firmness and duration are better than the cold pressure type. The internal diameter of the whole spring is completely the same, assuring the consistency of every move.

Strengthened Mount
                    The hole in the center of the upper mount is to fix the core. When the shock absorber is working, the upper mount will be hit with extremely big power. After a period of time, more or less there will be some noise. The original product usually use hard rubber instead of metal bearing. The upper mount in AURFA SFX series is strengthened, which not only bears powerful forces, but also reflect the shock absorbing action to the car, further enhancing its performance.

Package

2 Front & 2 Rear Full Coilovers
                    4 strengthened Mounts

Warranty

AURFA SFX series coilover kits offer with one-year warranty.
                    Attached Files

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Yea sorry about the crappy addituide, I guess it was uncalled for. So I assume that Grant is delaying the group buy for a short period of time. Its not cheap to purchase everything and send over all the stuff. I think that if we seriously want things to happen the proper way and at a faster pace. Serious buyers should put down a down payment to help speed up the process. Then pay the remainder of the parts once its here in the states and ready to be shipped to any customers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

If there is any misunderstanding or problems, please forgive me and Steve (turboproto)..

Personally, I've been going through a lot which leaves me less time to spend on this coilover deal. Im trying to free up my time some more so i can spend more time with this.

The language barrier with AURFA has been a bit more difficult, as the owner speaks very little english, and I can't write much chinese.

Either way, I'm canceling the group buy for now, since first off, every one wants adjustables, and 2nd this group buy was rather short notice. This gives me more time to do some more R&D, testing acquire more info and have my father help me translate my thoughts to them. This might give any member more time to get together funds if they are still interested.

If all goes well, we're going to test the setup out again this saturday, and possibly a whole season in the SM class.

I apologize for the whole mess of things, and I would like to wait until I can dedicate more time to this, so GB officially canceled for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X