Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: Affordable Helical LSD's for the G-series!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZX2guy19 View Post
    Change mine to a 26 spline please. I decided to stick with stock axles.

Also, any actual time frame on when we will be RECEIVING these?
    Just making sure you guys saw this about changing mine to 26 spline please. Thanks! I just don't want something bad to happen :]

Comment

Just making sure you guys saw this about changing mine to 26 spline please. Thanks! I just don't want something bad to happen :]
      you prolly should pm mfactory and thereildeal directly about this matter. The thread seems to have a lot of posts so it may get lost in the numerous pages between mfactory updates
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Merry Belated Xmas Jon, Santa's coming (or should I say has come) twice this year

Will email you in a bit!
        MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
        YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
        SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
        SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

Update

Freebie Deadline: Jan 11th 11.59pm PST

Deposits received after this will still be eligible for the $325/$325, but will not get the Pre-Order Freebies!
          MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com

Comment

How's progress on the prototype? When can we expect it? Give us an update, if possible....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mazda-dude View Post
              How's progress on the prototype? When can we expect it? Give us an update, if possible....

Thanks
              Read between the lines fail. The prototype is almost ready hints why the freebie special is almost over.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

That is splendid that the prototype is almost done, but when are WE going to get these?

Comment

That is splendid that the prototype is almost done, but when are WE going to get these?
                  Read the first post.

Comment

i can wait, now i have to come up with $700 to $800 for a custome IM for the protege at the same time this is due. O well guess i have to start selling my blood.

Comment

im still unsure what one i am getting i have more 26 spline transmissions then i do 28 spline

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                        im still unsure what one i am getting i have more 26 spline transmissions then i do 28 spline
                        It doesn't really matter which transmission you have, just which axles you have. On the top of my head, I don't see any issues if you were to use the Kia axles in a Mazda box or vice versa.

The other thing is which ring gear you bolt on. The MSP lsd comes with the same wider ring gear that is in the Kia box and is known to fit the Mazda box. And, I don't see why the narrower ring gear of the Mazda wouldn't work in a Kia box. So, I don't think there will be a problem here either in mixing Kia/Mazda parts.

--Ferdi
                        Last edited by ftjandra; 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM.
                        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                        -----
                        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by MFactory View Post
                          Merry Belated Xmas Jon, Santa's coming (or should I say has come) twice this year

Will email you in a bit!
                          I was kinda hinting in this :p

Both 26 and 28 Prototypes are ready, and will have them out to Jon for him to test sometime next week. Just need to confirm a few details with him first

Comment

will you selling the parts needed for installation on the website like an installation kit

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                              Another thing I have learnt recently, is that with some after market axles, its possible to make your own axle with a 28 spline inner for the gearbox and 26 spline everything else just by swapping the outer housing of the Axle's inboard CV joint for a 28 spline one.

So long as the joint is of the same physical dimension and type (i.e tr1pod or double offset type).

The after market ones I am using, its possible to do this. I went back to the place that sold me the shafts, and they showed me that the outer tr1pod joint housings they use are dimensionally the same except for the part that pokes into the gearbox.

you might be able to do the same in reverse.....
                              Last edited by chief tool; 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: stupid i-pod filter

Comment

Im in PM Sent....
                                monster in the making............

Comment

Working...
                                X