Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: Affordable Helical LSD's for the G-series!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather is far from clear. There are heavy clouds and already a couple of drips. Today is out.

Everyone is frustrated and I understand that. It's not my wish to hold anyone up and I'm moving at the best pace I can. There is no ill will or bad faith on my part, and I want this to work as bad as anyone else.

Things will move forward as allowable.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
      Yea, I paid money for this as well and I don't want it to break either.
      So why not have more patience. Like I said before...This isn't a Honda cookie cutter piece
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Are you ****'n kidding me? What are you all twelve... I just red two pages of updates in hope that maybe there would be something worth wild. I got two things out of these post.... cant test till next weekend, and Im dealing with a bunch of bitches. Unless you have a car that is equivalent his 10 sec car that could have been used for this testing stop your **** crying and chill... there is nothing you can do about any of this... at all, whats so ever... so just have a nice hot cup of shut the **** up....

Have a nice day,

Dan, you just keep doing what your doing. I commend you on your 10 sec car, and all the work you went through to make it this far..... Thanks....
        Last edited by HondaStomper; 03-22-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: Forgot something.....

Comment

Yeah, it's raining here in Nor Cal now.
          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Hey Dan, while you're at it, convert my car to all aluminum and put some JATO rockets in the trunk

Getting all flustered is ridiculous; as has been said, delays happen, but really we should all be thankful that it's going as smoothly as it is. The only major problem so far has been the heads on the bolts, and that's an easy fix. We should all also be really thankful that Dan has put as much as he can into testing and making sure the unit will work. I know I am.
            1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
            BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
            PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
            EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Your MX6 has the same name as my cat.
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Sorry to bump the thread with no actual news, but I felt a need to drop my two cents as well (having read pages of BS, I just cannot stay silent).

Quality takes time. New development requires extra attention. Six months would have been a "best case" timeline. Looking at seven months is NOTHING. With luck we'll make that, but if something needs adjustment I'm just thrilled that Dan is helping us find that before production. Fixing things will take more time if needed, but better that than getting the product earlier with an unknown flaw.

I for one am willing to wait... a month, a quarter, who the eff cares as long as the final product is everything we all want it to be?

Thank you from the depths of my car lovin' soul, Dan.
                Thank you for putting up the money to ensure it is installed right, thank you for doing your best to kick its ass with your amazing car, thank you for taking the time to tune your setup properly before you bother to hit the track with it. You stepped up to the plate for a lot of people here (myself included), and I wish we were all as grateful as we should collectively be.

I for one wanted to make sure to put in my word in support of this project and the efforts being put in.

Yes, it would be great if we had another car or two that could test too, but the only other offers with a running setup seem to have been as lame as mine which really does nothing for testing the part. If anyone else wants to step up, awesome... if not, we should ALL give Dan the respect and support he deserves for taking on this important piece of the process.

Again, just my two cents... do with it what you will.

Thanks,
                Fremast
                Head Monkey

2003 P5 - Midnight Blue Mica
                I got some slick stuff, but there's so much left to mod...

Comment

YAY DAN! Dan the MAN! hahahaha
                  I don't mind waiting for an amazing product. woot

I like ben & jerry's fish food ice cream. I want some.

Comment

Dan, take all the time you need to test it right!!

I was a part of the first failed LSD group buy and never was able to recover my money.... I did try, but the logistics of being in Canada did not make it a worthy endeavor.

I understand some people are concerned but we all need to calm down and just be glad that this will be done some time in the future.

I mean honestly…. If you really feel you're being ripped off, put your GB spot up for sale… I'm sure there are a few who would purchase it…..

Just My $0.02

P.S.
                    FEOA is not my home either... lol
                    and
                    Good luck Dan

Comment

just picked up the latest issue of honda tuning. has a 9 sec civic hatch drag car on the cover, COVERED in MFactory graphic's. kinda a nice thing to see on a cover.

plus the car had tons of other MFactory goodies, adjustable cam gears, lateral links. not a bad car. think it was putting down over 900whp!
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

Yup, thats our Project Utah - http://www.teammfactory.com/drag.php
                        MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
                        YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
                        SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
                        SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                          Your MX6 has the same name as my cat.
                          You have no idea how funny that is to me
                          1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
                          BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
                          PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
                          EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Originally posted by MFactory View Post
                            Yup, thats our Project Utah - http://www.teammfactory.com/drag.php
                            will we ever be seeing anymore Mfactory goodies for our cars?
                            sigpic

Comment

Really just depends on what you guys want and what there is demand for
                              MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
                              YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
                              SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
                              SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

can i get a sticker?
                                88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
                                00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
                                00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X