H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MK1gGT-Rob View Post
    umm, i have a real stupid question. I don't have a spare axle and the side gears are shrapnel in my taken apart tranny, so can anybody tell me if I have 26 or 28 spline? 89 probe gt w/ mtx.
    Im not 100% positive, but I will say 28 spline.

BTW, why does it matter? H-type diffs all use the same spline count, its not like the G-Type...

Comment

From what I've read, the 1st gen turbo probes and MX-6s have 28 spline, just like the 2nd gen probes and MX-6's. So basically what we'll get is a modified 28-spline G-type.

And I have a question as well, who will be testing the prototype?
      1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
      BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
      PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
      EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

the H type is 28 spline only to the best of my knowledge.
        Im still deciphering whom will be testing the prototype. I have 2 open H box's sitting by me so speaking fitting won't be an issue. one way or another we'll sort out whom tests the prototype before it comes out.

Edit, List is updated current!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Mfactory asked me if I had 26 or 28 spline. Can anybody say for sure its 28 spline? Mebbe I'll have to look up axles at parts stores.

I'm about to peel apart a spare tranny tonight. I have a drag strip about 20 minutes away too. hinthint
          Last edited by MK1gGT-Rob; 02-08-2009, 03:21 PM.
          Rob's machina de destruccion
          Originally posted by ragnarock01
          "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

The H-types were all 28 spline only.

The only variation on the h-type that I am aware of is the different bellhousing and gear ratios for the Vulcan V6 engine. but it still has 28 spline axles.

It makes you wonder why Mazda bothered having different options on the G type, they should have just stuck with 28 spline for everything for simplicity.

but it could have been generational change that caused it.

Comment

payment sent!!!
              Rob's machina de destruccion
              Originally posted by ragnarock01
              "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

Payment is confirmed!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Hello,

From what I'm reading, a deposit doesn't have to be in until right before production starts, but we still haven't entered the prototyping phase? How long is the p-type phase? I won't be in for a deposit until the middle of march, but I want to be in!

Thanks.

Comment

prototype stage has begun, we've hit our 10 required deposits in order for them to start the production & they already have the factory H type diff in hand for all of the measuring.

you may miss out on the extra goodies, but its hard to say. all depends on how long prototyping takes (shouldn't be too long as the G diff is almost identical in dimensions) We'll do a test of the prototyped LSD as well just to make sure everything fits & it can handle abuse.

Just stay tuned to this thread & keep up to date with progress

Comment

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Comment

Any updates from MFactory on their prototype progress???

Comment

MFactory said
                          they are taking all the measurements now, and putting it into cad.
                          step one

Comment

Update! How are you goin with the design and prototype MFactory?

Comment

I read through the latest posts in the G-type group-buy: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...=38426&page=21

Looks like the g-type is going to be officially tested soon. I'm sure once everything has been cleared and given the green light, the h-types will follow fairly quickly since they're so similar.

Comment

im excited!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X