No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being as the design is super similar id guess it won't be much of an issue for mfactory

once we hit 10 deposits they will actually start taking this project on hand & begin to make a prototype. but again there isn't a hurry that im aware of
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by jesiotrot View Post
      You have to remember we started this group buy two weeks before christmas, a time of year where not everyone has extra money to throw around. I expect more people to pay in the next 2-3 weeks.
      I agree, I'd say this group buy will be looking a lot healthier in a couple of weeks when people catch up with the holiday period, me included.

Comment

Im still very interested. Im pretty sure my deposit can be in next week for sure.

What I would like to know is, what is the extensiveness in terms of transmission modifications needed to make this diff work, and can it be done by any competant transmission shop? And after we have gotten 10 deposits, whats the time frame like for production andshipment?

Thanks, cant wait to hook!! this thing is gonna be a freakin beast.
        91 MX6 GT - Powered by Precision t3/t4 50 BB turbo
        Untuned dyno equals = 280whp, 340 ft/lbs torque on 20psi, stock motor.

Comment

I'll let bpt323 answer regarding the modification question.

for your 2nd question, timeframe will be similar to the G-Series i.e around 1 month for the prototype (after we have received the required deposits). Testing, testing, more testing, then around another month after testing is finished for the production unit. So probably around 2-3 months
          MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
          YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
          SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
          SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

any transmission shop can install this differential for you. @ the current point, it doesn't look like there will be any issues per anything inside of the case that would pose to need modification.

if there is, we'll certainly see it on the prototype design & have it worked about for the final production unit.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Just paid 50%.

As for fitting these diffs, if they are anything like the GURU h-type TORSEN's they should be a direct replacement for the factory item. Meaning any competent gearbox shop could install it. Pre-load setting should be set as per the workshop manual.

The only "issue" with the guru diff (and i wouldnt even call it an issue), is the speedo drive can rub slightly on the diff casing. Its only JUST touching, as it hasnt "worn down" the plastic gear at all.

Here is a pic of two, and one has been rubbing more than the other, i think one had a metal speedo drive in it from a 4WS car, thats the one on the left with the darker marks.

I dont think its going to rub on the MFactory diffs, the diff casing design is different.

Comment

added 1 more interested member to the list

Comment

only need 4 more payments.......

Comment

my deposit will be in by the end of the week...

Comment

now were talking guys!!!! talking about putting power to the ground

Comment

Payment is in

Comment

List is updated!!! !!!!

Comment

come on boys and girls lets get the show on the road!!! I need this LSD to pull of some nice 1/4 times this spring lol. Right now traction = FTL

Comment

It WILL happen, I think it's safe to say there's NO question about that, but as MFactory stated, it's going to be 2-3 months.

That's good because it gives us all enough time to save the money, and think about what else we may need to spend money on...How are those motor mounts doing?? AWR makes some fantastic ones if you don't mind the vibration...

How is you clutch, going to need a stronger one for those drag launches? How about the synchro's and bearings in the trans, there's another $300 or so you'll need.

Ryan
                              Ryan
                              '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                              STX Prep:
                              MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Originally posted by mx6gtboi View Post
                                Payment is in
                                and you're mooning us..... why?? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X