Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    plates look good ferdi!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
    you got bling!
    Packed and will ship out tomorrow.

Thanks,
    --Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Hi ferdi, did you make any extra, can you ship one to Australia? I can machine the case myself.

Comment

contents of box look beautifull. cant wait.
        1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

Opened my box... Beautiful.

Thank you for doing this even though it may have been somewhat of a headache VS profit, I am sure the others like me appreciate the chance to have this piece in our tranny. Personally mine is going in my PAR DogBox. I just havent decided if i will do the reinforcement plate in the bell housing, I think im gonna price it out at a local machinist.

P also plan to install and set the bearing preload with only flat shims, no beveled spring shim.

Comment

thanks ferdi!

Comment

Originally posted by boltz View Post

P also plan to install and set the bearing preload with only flat shims, no beveled spring shim.
              yeah what's the deal with the shims that seem deformed. When I find double shims one is flat and the other is coned? is it what happens when you double up?
              1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

the beveled shim is more of a spring shim way of setting the preload. I don't like the possibility of the inconsistency that could arise from using it and prefer to use only flat shims.

The beveled shim is only available in one size thickness as its not meant to be a shim only a spring.

Comment

Everybody in the groupbuy has now paid up and the last two cases shipped out today.

If anyone is interested, I have an extra zinc-plated plate left over for $315 and will still install it for $125 (plus shipping).

Thanks,
                  --Ferdi
                  If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                  -----

Comment

Thanks again Ferdie

I will be toying with my trans in the next few months.

Comment

Im curoius and very interested....how does this mod make the gearbox stronger? I have a Gtype for for 2wd b6t, with the Mfactory lsd. My plan is to make 250-275 hp. I am curious to know if i can extend the lifetime om the box if buying the plate. Is it even possible to get one anymore?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mazda-dude View Post
                        Im curoius and very interested....how does this mod make the gearbox stronger? I have a Gtype for for 2wd b6t, with the Mfactory lsd. My plan is to make 250-275 hp. I am curious to know if i can extend the lifetime om the box if buying the plate. Is it even possible to get one anymore?

Thanks
                        I have one zinc-plated plate left for $315 + shipping and I will still machine the case for $125. Basically, the plate keeps the shafts from separating under high load. Almost every stock case that I have handled has had loose bearing bores that allow the outer races to spin which over time enlarges the bores. That causes the shafts to move apart and messes up the mesh between the gears. The bores in my plate are very tight and I put a groove in them so you also have the option to tack weld a tiny 'dot' on the outer race to make absolutely sure that they wont spin.

PAR sells something similar as billet reinforcement cups for $650aud without installation. You can also Google "Honda transmission hand cuff" for a similar item, except that it goes in place of the 5th gears.

--Ferdi
                        -----

Comment

Ok, what about axels? Will they be the weakest link in The setup?

Im locatedin Denmark and wondering if local machining Will be better, to save money. How much does a case weigh? Then i Will calculate shipping....

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

A case with the plate installed weighs 17-18 lbs with packaging. In case you need my zip code to calculate the shipping cost, it's 30087.

--Ferdi
                            -----

Comment

I still have one plate left and now also have a case half from a 1stgen g-series that I could install it in to minimize your downtime. Plate is $315, machining the case/installation is $125, and the case half is $25. So, total price would be $465 plus shipping.

Thanks,
                              --Ferdi
                              -----

Comment

Hello!

@ftjandra

Please answer to the emai adress i wrote you in the email. I´m from germany and would like to have a 5th gear plate!

Thanks in advance!

regards from germany
                                Last edited by bomaff; 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X