Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CARL.... did you go to a UPS store??? or an actual UPS warehouse???? there are 2 different types of tracking numbers. one type to each place.

clarify for us
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

so are you saying those were photoshopped or something?

Comment

no... the tracking numbers are different depending on what place he actually shipped from.
        UPS stores V.S. UPS direct are completely two different things. you can't track a UPS store item using the www.ups.com page.
        you have to use the UPS store website www.theupsstore.com
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

either way it generally takes 24 hours or so to get into the system.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
            so are you saying those were photoshopped or something?
            not hard to do.... not saying that they are, but if they were real that tracking number right there on the front would work the way I said it did. I know b/c I used to scan those in for them. I worked for UPS so you can try to pull **** by with me.

Hence why I said if the numbers were real, it would say; "Tracking number unknown"

NOT

"Invalid" Invalid means the number is either typed in wrong or a fake. Sense it matches the picture.... it leads me to believe its a fake. I am not saying 100% b/c anything is possible, but it looks really really really bad especially in this situation.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

your going to have to give it time to register online regardless of if you've worked there or not you should know that D323......
              i've sent out many a package and it does not show up for a few hours minimum up to 24 hours afterwords.
              try again later tonight and see what it says then.
              Last edited by FE3-323; 04-22-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                no... the tracking numbers are different depending on what place he actually shipped from.
                UPS stores V.S. UPS direct are completely two different things. you can't track a UPS store item using the www.ups.com page.
                you have to use the UPS store website www.theupsstore.com
                NO. On you recipt with the tracking number from the UPS store it says "track your package @ UPS.com"

The systems are not seperate. That would be a huge waste of money on UPS's part to make a whole seperate tracking number system. trust me, they are big on efficency.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                  your going to have to give it time to register online regardless of if you've worked there or not you should know that D323...... i've sent out many a package and it does not show up for a few hours minimum up to 24 hours afterwords. try again later tonight and see what it says then.
                  Thats fine, but your missing the point.

IF the package was dropped off, and that tracking # was given it would be in the system as VALID, but "not recognized" or "not picked up yet"

SINCE IT SAYS INVALID it means the number is wrong or he typed it up on the site here wrong.

It doesnt matter if you wait till Xmas, an invalid number is STILL INVALID!!!!

My quotes from earlier show that it wasn't in the right format meaning that it was made up or typed in here wrong. And since it "matches the pics he posted" it leads you to believe it was photo shopped.
                  Last edited by D323; 04-22-2005, 04:17 PM.

Comment

you again are wrong D323... trust me... i've gone through this once already.... a package from the UPS store has a different tracking number
                    go to the website i posted. you can proove it to yourself.

why am i arguing with you... jsut take my word

Comment

Then why does the UPSstore website say the same thing.....

"unable to track package"

And its not that I doubt you, I just wanted to point out something suspicious.... and on top of that, he never said UPS store on the website..... simply UPS.

Comment

Yea it wont move...on friday...So it wont probrably show up as tracking until..monday, by than it will be almost at the destination..tracking isnt too accurate anyway. i work at ups, so i can tell you that its not tracked unless its scanned. By that if the unloader doesnt place the label upwards, so it can scan. it wont get tracked. It WILL get tracked atleast once tho, when it goes on the truck. So it might come up as wherever he shipped it from for like 3 days, and than its on your door step..

Just wait a second...he said he shipped it...

Comment

True about the unloaded packages sometimes not getting scanned, but thats off of the big semis that they unload from. The smaller trucks (brown ones you see on teh road) everything that goes out or in of those gets scanned for pickup/drop off time conformation.

Even if its not scanned the website will still say "shipping arrangements have been made, but the package has not been dropped off" or something to that effect.

Comment

yea...but depending on where he shipped it, ups store, or the warehouse....it wont even see the little brown trucks..until it gets to the city were its goin.. if its int he warehouse it will get sorted into the big trucks, and sent off to wherever its goin....where it will get scanned.."unless the loader is a halfass".

But if it in the ups stores...and since they mostly close at like 8, and the drivers come back in the warehouse at like 8-9 and drop off all the pickups. So if doesnt show up as tracked by 7 his time. Than it probrably wont move until monday..

BTW, if your **** doesnt get tracked....you have a chance at getting your shipping completly back...b/c they didnt hold up there part of their service..

Comment

you guys need to have patience..... if he dropped it off they give a tracking number right away... not until the UPS people come and pick it up does it get scanned for actual shipment that reflects online.

Comment

lol, how many loaders do you know actually do it by the book.
                                fake walls were always fun to send out.

besides they are collected from local UPS stores and taken to the nearest HUB and sorted/scanned from there.
                                Yeah it is possible that it wont get scanned until monday or so, but by tonite the site would say "a package has been scheduled for delivery" under that tracking number if it were a valid one.

Comment

Working...
                                X